Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #1  
Speechless and Redundant

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Red face Hello Hello Hello

Hello everyone... I'm not much for writing so don't hold it against me if I get a little unclear. I'm kind of scatter-brained that way.
I have actually been lurking here for about a week or so, reading all the forums and stuff. I almost never really post in any forums, mainly for fear of being judged :P But here I feel that there is almost nothing but support, so I'm very happy to begin my weight-loss journey with you beautiful ladies.
All my life I have been "the chubby one". My younger sister was the thin little blonde, and I was the big, clunky, older child. I spent a lot of time resenting her for it, but in past years have finally come to terms with the fact that life is sometimes difficult like that.
I had my first son at eighteen and gained about fifty pounds since then, (I'm twenty now) ballooning up to 230 disgusting pounds. This week I've started dieting, counting calories, for the first time in my life...

More than anything I want to learn to love myself, inside and out. It's hard for me to learn to love myself when all I see in the mirror is a big mess.

I'm super-happy to be here, and what I've already read here has helped me so much already. I'm ready to get going and get on with my life.
clickit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #2  

Well congrats for taking control of your situation. You definitely came to the right place for support! Its important to love yourself now so that if you slip up and have a setback, you have enough love for yourself to not give up and to continue with your journey. You can do it if your mind is set on it! Good luck!
ChunkySmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 90/85/65 kgs

Height: 1.57

Welcome from one newbie to another! Good luck on your journey! I guess we are all used to seeing other "thin" people that we forget to support ourselves & it's so easy for others to break us down especially those that subconsiously want us to fail
Ms JanVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to 3FC from an old-timer This place is hugely supportive!! no fear of 'being judged' as you were wary of. Congrats on your start!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/260/140

Height: 5'0"

This is a really wonderful, supportive place. Welcome and I hope it's helpful for you!
MidgieMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #6  
Speechless and Redundant

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Well I'm actually kind of happy right now. I finally got up the courage to weigh myself in about a year (was 240-something last time i did) and I'm only at 205! Hip-hip-hooray!!!! No idea how I lost any weight this year, but I'm glad that I'm not as big as I thought I was. Thanks for the replies and support guys! One week into my calorie-counting diet though. Wish me luck!

Last edited by clickit; 04-15-2010 at 07:01 PM.
clickit is offline   Reply With Quote