Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5"2

Default I wanna be the 5th fat chick!

Hello Northstar, I just saw that you are on day 1 as well. I think it's going to be a huge change from the carbfest I've been having for the last year! I want to lose 20 pounds before July long weekend and I will do it! I see you're from AB. I'm from MB and it's nice to see another Canadian on here. I spent the spring break out at Kananaskis with my kids. Man, you have a beautiful province. I've never been on a forum, so it will take me a while to figure this out. You're going to be a hot mother of the groom...
Good luck,
Kramer
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 175/137/135

Height: 5"4

Welcome aboard Kramer and Palm Beacher!!! You will find plenty of inspiration within this site!! Measure your vegis and try to plan ahead for your meals. You will do great!

Raisingthebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #33  
Started IP 4/05/2010

S/C/G: 000/000/145

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone. The weather in Palm Beach is warm.. Which is good, but not so good if you want to wear a bathing suit. I don't right now, but my goal is to be okay with it by July. Does anyone have some good recipes? I love my veggies, but only week 2.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!

Michelle
PalmBeacher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 133/133/120

Height: 5'3"

hi i am also starting IP. I went to my meeting this morning to purchase what I needed. I am 44. Since I hit the big 40, i have put on 10 lbs that refuses to come off no matter what I do. I have a friend who is also on this and has lost 9 lbs her first week but even better 7 inches, which i find amazing. I'm thinking since I am a diet coke-aholic this will be my "hard part" as well as my occasional margarita...I hope to get to know you all on here and wish the best of luck to all who have taken the first step in the right direction.
3kidsandadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 141

Height: 5"2

Default manitoba hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1959 View Post
Hi Palm Beacher,
Thanks for the birthday wishes... I lost just over 5 the first week, and Im now in the 130s I would love to weight 120 for my sons wedding May 29th... Hows the weather down your way Michele, its snowing here lol thanks for joining in on the group and good luck on your wieght lose goals...
Valery
Hey Northstar,
the weather here is just as confused as it appears to be out your way. Today we had rain all day, but then it snowed for about 10 minutes. Go figure. I'm on day two. I've had massive headaches for both of these days, but I think it might just be the sugar and carb withdrawl. Good for you losing your first 5 pounds.
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #36  
Started IP 4/05/2010

S/C/G: 000/000/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kidsandadog View Post
hi i am also starting IP. I went to my meeting this morning to purchase what I needed. I am 44. Since I hit the big 40, i have put on 10 lbs that refuses to come off no matter what I do. I have a friend who is also on this and has lost 9 lbs her first week but even better 7 inches, which i find amazing. I'm thinking since I am a diet coke-aholic this will be my "hard part" as well as my occasional margarita...I hope to get to know you all on here and wish the best of luck to all who have taken the first step in the right direction.
Welcome, and best of luck.. I have a bit more to lose than you but nonetheless.. it is all goal oriented. You should be able to lose your weight very quickly I lost 10 pounds in my first 10 days...

Michelle
PalmBeacher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 202/174/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,
I just started IP on 4-10-10. My first weigh-in is tomorrow. I have not cheated once and hope the scale reflects that! I have a scale at home but I told myself I would not step on in the 1st week!! I also started my dang period today (sorry) so I hope I still have a decent loss. I am looking forward to following everyone's progress and hope we can help each other out.
Barbiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 187/179/130

Height: 5'4

hi! I started my diet 2 weeks ago.... the first week i lost 7.4 and the second week i lose 1.4- i couldnt figure out what was going on! WELL, I came to find out you CANT eat yellow squash in phase one, thats why i didnt loose so much the second week! I lost inches, but not lbs! I was devistated! stupid squash! Just figured i would share that with you ladies cause it REALLY matters! but i wanted to say GOOD LUCK! also- i have a question... what do you do if your REALLY hungry at like 11PM? this happened to me and i just drank a crystal light drink and it filled me up! any other suggestions?
skinnymeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #39  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

HI Fellow IPers!

Come over to the carb counters forum and find many more of us at the other reduced carb link! We have recipes, tips and lots of support!

Skinnymeup: Regarding the yellow squash, It shouldn't have effected you, according to the regional director I spoke with, there are too many veggies to put on the sheet they hand out and, if it is a same nutritional impact and glycemic impact and carb level as zuchinni... IT WORKS! The first three weeks are always different but, don't be afraid to try it again in the near future. I am now on my 5th month, I have lost 75 pounds and regularly eat the yellow squash.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...arb-diets-227/

The above link will take you to our IP subforum page and threads. You will find recipes, IP nutritional info, frequently asked questions, lots of people and support, and more!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 04-18-2010 at 10:23 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 154

Height: 5'3"

Default my first day

Today was my first day of IP. I went to bed at 8:30pm, because I was starving, then was woken up because of a knock on my door. Now I'm awake and still starving. I have a headache...but I am going to press forward and stick to my committment to NO CHEATING. Good night all. oh this is also my very first time trying to blog or whatever this is.
little bear 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 172/168/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Just starting IP diet

I have just started IP diet (April 17th). I feel fine and I am not hungry. I haven't been eating the lettuce, since I am full with the 2 cups of vegetables. Is this OK?
Thanks
jenbilmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 240/227/160

Height: 5' 7"

Hieveryone... I am new here too! I started IP Sunday and I have not stepped on the scale yet. My trick for the headache has been Excedrin Migraine. It has the caffeine I need without any of the other stuff. I cleared with my doctor it is not contraindicated. I have not had issues until today (Day 3), but I am hungry this evening! I am on call all weekend at the hospital, that will be the test for me!

I turn 35 this June and would love to be on my wealth to a happier, healthier me!
Medicyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default Day One Jitters

I'm starting day one of the Ideal Protein program, having finished the three day jump start. I am feeling nervous. I looked at the list of allowable veggies and I can't fathom how I'll get 2 cups of them. No root veggies, no beans.... Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

Also, why is the salt difficult to get in? Can't you just put it over the vegetables? The turnip fries sound good, but I'm not allowed turnips. Boot camp indeed!
The Dalai Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 197/194/140

Height: 5'3

Just finished my first week. I am amazed that I am not craving diet cokes and my face is clearing up. It was easier yesterday and wasn't hungry at night!
fav24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #45  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm starting the Ideal Protein diet tomorrow. I'm glad to see there are so many of you here that are already on the plan. I picked up my bag of stuff today and I'm feeling a little apprehensive it looks like food for the astronauts. All the silver packets....
ibdadozer is offline   Reply With Quote