Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 18st11/--/8st11

Height: 5ft3

Default i've got to lose myself!!

well when I say lose myself I mean the self I want to be.....The one that doesn't weigh 277 and actually weighs 140. the sheer volume of weight i have to loose is a bit scary . I'm determined to lose it and keep it off but i could do with all the help i can get . Now take in to consideration that i live in co. mayo, on the west coast of ireland where most of the time its raining and i hate walking in the rain. So i need you all to give me a preverbial kick in the...... and tell me to get up and get on with it. {unfortunately walking to the fridge doesn't count as exercise }. any advice gratefully accepted.
10stonetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Stay away from the fridge. Learn to love walking in the rain, or buy some gear you can use in the house or join a gym. No excuses permitted. Figure out an eating plan you can live with, quite possibly for the rest of your life because once you lose the weight, you will NOT want to be putting it back on.

Don't fret about 10 stone right now. Just work on it one rock at a time ;-) I bet you gained it that way and that's how you can lose it and not get discouraged. Yes, the long term goal counts, but you will find many rewards along the way if you can break it into smaller bits. More rewards==more reinforcement to keep going.

Consider yourself kicked...but gently.

Oh...and welcome!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 326/ticker/200

Height: 5'6

Hi and welcome I know it's hard ..I, myself, have about 120-150 to lose ..depending on where I end up

You just have to try and keep trying. Each day may not be perfect but make it better than the day before.

Mel
melNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #4  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

I don't say this unless I mean it, but I really DO know how you feel! I started at 274 lbs and my goal is 137...literally half my starting weight!

I live in northern Minnesota where it's winter half the year, so I also share your frustrations about not being able to get outside as much as I'd like to.

I personally count calories and so far this has worked better than other plans I have tried (namely low carb). Though I eat much healthier that I used to, nothing is "off limits" and I'm learning to eat some of the "bad" stuff I love in moderation instead of saying "I can never have X again." This was my downfall...I'd cave in and eat pizza or whatever after being "good" for a few weeks and say screw it, I blew my diet.

I can't walk outside when it's -20 out and I work in a rural area far from a gym, so I have to find exercises to do at home. I have a wii fit, an elliptical machine and some workout videos. So far they have gotten me through the winter pretty well, but I am happy to be able to take a walk outside now that it's getting to be more springlike weather

Anyway...that's my story (so far!) and I'm down over 33 lbs since January 5th. If I can do it, you can too! What works for me may not necessarily work for you, but no matter what, we're here to support each other and share our experiences. Welcome!

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 03-31-2010 at 08:48 PM.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #5  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote