Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:50 AM   #1  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Default 1 fat chick here: hold me accountable!

Hi everyone,

I've lurked on the boards for a while now, and have been dieting over the past 3 years. Of course I'm only down about 10 pounds from that weight 3 years ago, however that's not the whole story.

In high school (6 years ago) I was 207. Pshh..thought that was big! In college I fluctuated between 207, then 220, then 233 (3 years ago). I was on Medifast at the time, and got down to 214. I stayed on that plan about a month. After I fell off that wagon I ate myself into a coma every night because Medifast deprived me so badly, I felt I was going to lose the food. That's when I worked my way back up from 214 to the high 260's.

September 2009 I got serious about losing weight and went from 255 to 200. Great job! Then Christmas rears it's fun, calorie loving face. So, for 2 weeks I did OK..only got up to 204. Then I went back to work after the holidays, and went into major overtime/stress.

So here I am, 224 pounds...gained 24 pounds since Christmas due to overeating, under exercising. I know I have it in me to lose the weight--I was just doing it a few short months ago!

Today (3/22) is my 3 years anniversary with my boyfriend as well, so I'm going to seize the day and get back into my "serious" mode. However, this time I'm going to do something different. I'm going to make it a point to post in a few threads on this board, every single day. Visiting the board, reading the stories, seeing the goal pics from others, and researching dietary methods will keep me focused and keep my mind actively in the game. Having a group of people currently undergoing weight loss and changing their lives will motivate me to stay on track. And when I feel like the pressures of life are overtaking me, or that craving of fast food is becoming wayyy to strong for "little" ole me to bear, I will jump online and start reading. If I'm feeling vulnerable and weak, I will post about it and hope someone responds and holds me accountable!

So, that there is my new years resolution. My "new" 4th year with my boyfriend, who deserves a healthy, active, energized girlfriend to love him and take care of him. Cause lord knows he needs me!

Thanks for "listening". I want to make it a point to post more of myself as well. Even though I may not get many readers, just typing out my thoughts and being actively involved on the boards will help me to become more invested here!
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 251/247/140

Height: 5'7"

Well, I'll tell you what. I'll look for you every day, okay? Yesterday was my first day posting so I'm new too. I also gained some serious weight at the end of last year (about 40 lbs in a 3 month timeframe. ) and I plan to check in every day as well. So if you look for me, I'll look for you. Maybe we'll both do better if we know someone is going to be expecting us. lol

Welcome to the boards!
Amanda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:11 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda77 View Post
Well, I'll tell you what. I'll look for you every day, okay? Yesterday was my first day posting so I'm new too. I also gained some serious weight at the end of last year (about 40 lbs in a 3 month timeframe. ) and I plan to check in every day as well. So if you look for me, I'll look for you. Maybe we'll both do better if we know someone is going to be expecting us. lol

Welcome to the boards!
I'll definitely do that! Thanks! I know we don't hear this much, at least here in the beginning stage, but congrats! Congrats for getting started and putting effort in changing your life!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! And just jump in!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #5  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

And congrats for becoming a de-lurker! 3FC is an awesome place! Keep coming back!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/176/130

Height: 5'4

Welcome! Yey for de-lurking! I was the same way!
cynthialynn0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #7  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome! The forum is extermely helpful and motivating. It's helped to keep me on track. You can do it. You can make this time your last time to lose the weight. I'm similar to you because I had issues with gaining and losing weight when I started college. I was about 200 when I left high school as well. Then I gained 50lbs by eating unhealthy on campus.

Anyway, good luck! I hope to see you around.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #8  

asherdoodles, sounds like we're very similar!! same height, close to the same goal weight, same experience, etc. although it's a tough boat to be in, it feels good to know there's others out there who are going through the same journey i am. we'll definitely become stronger people for it!!
Old 03-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #9  

Just as an update (a great one!) I made it through day 1 perfectly..did my jog around the lake for 1.3 miles, I ate awesomely, got lots of healthy sleep. Due to all of this hard work, I lost 3 pounds!!!!

Feels awesome to be back on track and the numbers on the scale going down. I know everyone here has made it passed day 1, but I've been working on successfully completing day 1 with great progress for about 2.5 months now! So happy to say I'm losing weight again
Old 03-24-2010, 02:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 251/247/140

Height: 5'7"

Congrats! That is awesome! In honor of your achievement I will post my first dancing carrot. (I have been dying to do that. lol)

Keep up the awesome work!
Amanda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #11  

haha thanks so much!! day 3 went awesome as well! i've lost 5 pounds since sunday! feeling great about myself, and really focused on making sure i keep losing! i love being a consistent loser!

today wasn't even a challenge with my hunger/food cravings. i was so busy at work i hardly noticed that i didn't miss my fast food binges or my late night snacks. maybe working long hours does have a plus side!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #12  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

welcome, I saw your username.. is that your bday? Im a 728 too if it is!
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:22 AM   #13  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job jumming in! There is also a great place on here if you have 100 lbs or more to loose, AWESOME FOLKS!

I started here on 3/1/10 ....so far so good but what I realize is that I am NOT DIETING any longer. The way I am eating and counting my calories and eating vege's and fruit and turkey meat instead of beef is my new LIFESTYLE - period, not a diet.

I think the first week is the hardest, at least it was for me, but come here, anytime you feel an urge to eat something you shouldn't - look at the before and after pictures of people - those are things that have helped me get thru this month.

again - WELCOME!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I just de-lurked too, this is a great place.
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote