Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #1  
I WILL make it!

S/C/G: 220/186/160

Height: 5'8 ~ 51 years

Default Newbie here from Oklahoma (and guess what I DO have hips!)

Hello out there, this is my first post. I have started on a calorie counting journey about 7 weeks ago and to date I have lost 25 lbs. Not sure why it is coming off so quickly, but am trying to up my calories and have started eating more than the 1200 that I have been doing. I exersize for about 30 minutes a day and guess what? I feel hips coming back. OH JOY! Really! I feel hip bones started to appear under all my fat. I started at 220 and so yes, there was fat covering them. I am pumped! I have a long journey left but I am determined to get to goal and MAINTAIN! Anyway, I have been lurking for a few weeks and thought I would finally pop in and say "hi" to all you great people -you are giving me such encouragement, thank you.

Here is what a typical day looks like on my menu. (taken from my blog this week) I hope this post isn't too long.

My breakfast is always the same and I like it that way. I have 2 slices of my fresh milled whole wheat bread that I put in the toaster. I choose to eat it dry except on Saturday when I splurge and use a Tbsp. of Nutella. My fresh bread is loaded with nutrients and fiber and is the best thing I can eat when I get up. I also drink a full bottle of water with it. I wait a couple hours and then I do my morning cardio (15 minutes) before Little Miss gets up and then I have a break and eat a banana. At this point I usually have a bottle of Crystal Light ( my fav. is wild strawberry, pink lemonade or punch) I usually school with Little miss a few hours before lunch and sometimes we have a snack during this time of baby carrots or grapes. We usually do 3 subjects and then break for lunch. Little Miss usually has a sandwich and chips and I always have a yogurt and a fruit with it. And another bottle of water. In the afternoon we accomplish the rest of her school and chores in between. I then do my afternoon cardio (15 minutes) and eat a serving size pack of almonds (LOVE em) As for supper I cook what is on the menu for the family and if it is not something I can incorporate into my diet then I usually have about 3 cups of steamed and seasoned vegetables with 3 oz. fish OR 3 oz. chicken OR brown rice/beans or any combination of the above and stay within a 300 calorie meal. I also have another water during this time. In the evening we usually share a fresh pineapple or a melon. And last but not least (actually THE most important) is that I look forward to my cup of International House Coffee around 9:00 p.m. It is sugar free and is only 45 cals. So I can love me some vanilla latte!
countryhomeschoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:07 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Remember to check out the "calorie counters"
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/200/150

Height: 5 ft 2 in

Nice work! Your post is helpful to me. I am so bad at counting calories. Gotta figure this out.

Sarah
sarahland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:27 AM   #4  
Im naked under my clothes

S/C/G: 196/see ticker/165

Height: 5' 7

Woo Hoo!
Getting Right is offline   Reply With Quote