Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #1  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Default New! Um...again.

Hello!
I've been here before, about 18 months ago, according to my "you last visited..." message. Since then, I've moved in with my boyfriend (I didn't know guys ate chips ALL THE TIME until I lived with one) and his two year old son, and while I'm adoring all these quiet country nights and being a pseudo mom to the kiddo, the potato chips are killing me.

I used to go to the gym religiously, and was a member of Weight Watchers, which worked really well for me. After several months away from both the gym, and the support of WW, I don't even dare step on a scale. I can just tell from the way my clothes fit - or don't fit - that I'm back up near my starting weight of around 155.

Three weeks ago, I joined the local YMCA. I've been twice. I'm going again today (I figure if I actually type that out, it'll help me motivate myself to go!) and I'm also going to make a real effort to eat well.

I miss feeling healthy.

I miss my triceps.

I miss being able to say "no thanks" when someone offered me pointless calories (hello, Doritos.) For some reason, "no thanks" has become much harder to say.

It's nice to be back.
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #2  
Inittothinit

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

I feel your struggle. Since my boyfriend has moved in town 1 year ago, I have gain about 20 pounds! Eating out and snackin on everything he eats is just bad news! Being healthy means everything, especially when you lose that feeling. I used to have so much energy and POOF! when the weight came, the energy left. You know what it takes and you can do it!
Nieceyeffbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #3  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Thanks! The boyfriend has been very supportive since I voiced my concerns. We're attempting to forego the usual soda & chips nightly routine for three weeks and see how that goes. So far, so good.
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/176/130

Height: 5'4

wow I know exactly how you feel...dessert was an every night thing with my husband...just stay strong and you can do it! Its great that your boyfriend is being supportive..that is always helpful! Its a struggle everyday for me but it is worth it! Good luck on your journey!
cynthialynn0313 is offline   Reply With Quote