Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/137/106

Height: 5'3"

Default Eating Disorder turned Disordered Eating

I’ve never found history lessons to be too interesting, so with that in mind I will keep mine brief.

The entire purpose of joining this forum is to share my experience dealing with an eating disorder turned disordered eating. At 15, 5′4″ and 82lbs. I was diagnosed with anorexia. I entered treatment, “recovered,” and since have been dealing with a myriad of eating disordered tendencies. I am now 25, 5′4″ and 144 lbs. My life revolves around my weight, food, and exercise, yet I don’t meet the clinical definition for any specific disorder (besides ednos, which stands for eating disorder not otherwise specified). I find that my mood is dictated by the number I read on the scale and the size of jeans I can fit into at the mall, it’s an 8 in case you were wondering. I’d like to let go of this preoccupation with food and weight once and for all, but my identity has become so enmeshed with it that I don’t know where the disordered eating ends and I begin. I don't want to glamorize or sugar-coat my struggles, but to candidly share my everyday experiences while living with this “preoccupation.”

I have a blog I recently started. The blog is called MoreThanMediocrity (at wordpress) because, as the name suggests, I’m hoping to find some semblance of success or achievement in something, anything. For the last 10 years I’ve been settling with being just “okay” or “fine” or “good enough.” I’ve let my eating disorder turned disordered eating handicap me to the point where each day my whole goal is to just make it through the day so I can go back to bed. Well here today I am publicly stating that I am tired of just getting by. I want to be more than fine, more than just okay. I hope to use this blog as a platform to get a handle on my unhealthy obsession with weight, food, and exercise once and for all.

Hoping to give and gain support! Not allowed to post a link to the blog until I make 25 posts. O well, will post later.

No day but today,
Dana
SickCycleCarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #2  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Find your place and jump in we are all traveling on an individual journey but we're doing it together.

Happy Trails on this journey of health and victory!!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/137/106

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am easing my way into posting on the boards and figuring out how all the features work. Would love to connect with people who are coming from a similar place as me.

No day but today,
Dana
SickCycleCarousel is offline   Reply With Quote