Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180 / 137 (regained) / 100

Height: 5'2"

Red face Not exactly new to 3FC!

My name is Stephanie (Steph or Teff for short) and I joined 3FC in 2004 (wow, I can't believe it has been that long!) at 14 years old (which makes me 20 years old now), wanting to lose 25 pounds. I had been dissatisfied with my weight since I was around 9 or 10 years old, even though I was never technically overweight until around 14 or 15. From there, I did a lot of short term crash diets (flirting with eating disorders occasionally) and my weigh bounced around between 120 and 140, until I moved out of my parents house and ballooned up to 180 pounds at 5'2". Obese.

I have spent the last year and a half getting the weight off, for good this time. At my highest weight, I was eating fast food twice a day, 64+ ounces of soda a day, a pint of ice cream a day, etc... So I started slowly cutting the unhealthy stuff out, and very slowly adding in exercise. Eventually I took the leap and started counting my calories (although, looking back, I don't think I was doing it very accurately until I got a scale and weighed everything). I had many plateaus, but eventually got down to where I am now, which is just slightly underweight (around 98-100 pounds). So I've lost almost half of my weight, but I've done it in a completely healthy way, which I will elaborate more on when I finally get up the nerve to post in the Goal section!

Anyway, I am not going to get into all of the struggles I am having or everything I've gone through, I just wanted to create a new username because I really am not the same person I was, and I never posted much anyway. I've been mainly a lurker and I want to change that now! So what better place to start than an introduction? I'll probably be hanging out in the Weight Loss Support, Depression and Weight Issues, 20-Somethings, Chicks in Control, and Living Maintenance forums and I hope to actually get to talk to some of you now because I have been following all your progress and cheering you on and being inspired by you for years!

Love, Teff
teff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #2  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

Excellent story! Thank you for sharing! I love this place (and I'm still sort of new). Glad you're back!
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180 / 137 (regained) / 100

Height: 5'2"

Thank you Julie
I have seen you in the 20-somethings weekly chat thread! I'll probably post something up on there soon but you guys are intimidating with how chatty you are...
I love this place too, it has kinda been the one constant thing in my life that is always here for me when I want to come back.
teff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #4  
Cheesecake? Yes plz!

S/C/G: 155/149.8/135

Height: 5'7"

I just jumped into the thread and started commenting. It's fun and the chicks in there are super fun to chat with. See ya in there!
LuckyJules is offline   Reply With Quote