Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #1  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Default Looking for a buddy!

Hi everyone!

I've battled with weight my entire life it seems and have finally decided to do something about it. I'm currently in college and it is soooo hard to plan ahead and eat healthy fresh food all the time but so far I'm doing well! The hardest part for me was to break the habit of eatting to eat. I would eat when I was happy, angry, bored, upset, sad, and after I would usually feel worse than I did when I binged.

I have no specifics on a partner just love sharing advice and having someone to chat with about losing weight, I'm driving my friends crazy right now
kate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to 3fc's KATE ~ this is a very supportive place as you probably have already noticed; and there are lots of great people here too, so I am sure you will find a buddy or two. We have age & weight related forums, food plan & exercise threads, tons of info, and so much more. Look around, read lots, then just jump right in wherever you feel comfortable ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

hi kate! im right about the same weight/height as you are...i'm older, but i'm still in there with ya! feel free to private message me if you like (click on my name and the link is there). we can get thru this together...talk about what works, what doesn't, and everything in between!
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #4  
NewYearNewMe

hey shoeluver! thanks for being my buddy i always find it's easier to do things with people than trying to do them alone. i started the ideal protein diet february 5th and so far have not cheated. it's so strict and i've really had to pull myself away from my social circle because i'm afraid if i go anywhere the temptation to break it will be very high. my friends are supportive but they wouldn't have a problem tempting me! currently i'm in my 4th year of college studying for nursing. i also work at a chiropractic office and that's how i got into ideal protein. so that's just a little bit about me...

are you following anything specific??

i may be wrong but i don't think i can message you until i have a certain number of posts?? hope you have a good night and talk to you soon!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #5  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Hey Kate!

I'll be your buddy as well if you'd like! You can't message until you're at 20 days with 20 posts, but you can shoot me an email if you'd like!!!

rachel.meyer9 at gmail dot com

Hope to hear from you soon!
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kate! I'm sorry i didn't realize you couldn't PM me yet! i can't publicly post my email, cuz it's my work one...i'd give you my hotmail, but i can't access it here from work, the computer blocks the site...if you are comfortable, give me your email and i'll write you. :-p

i too have been trying to do the "mostly protein" thing...it's hard cuz i live with my boyfriend and i love to cook...but i have been doing okay this past week. i've been bringing my lunch to work, munching on fruits and veggies. what is "ideal protein"...how does that work? that i've never heard of. i had REALLY good luck with the south beach diet when i did that about 5 years ago...i lost a good 14lbs in 2 weeks...but it was TOUGH, i have never been able to do the first phase the full 2 weeks again. maybe i'll give it a shot monday...what do i have to lose? besides 50+ lbs! my biggest thing is exercising...or should i say the LACK of. finding time can be so difficult because my workday is so dang long. what kind of workouts are you doing?
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Hi Kate87, you are going to see awesome results with the Ideal protein diet. Looks like you have already lost 10?!?! I have been on it for about a month and I miss my pasta and rice, etc. but I am not missing the weight I've lost so far. Welcome to 3FC!!
alihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #8  
NewYearNewMe

shoeluver: email is kklueger at hotmail dot com

Hi alihal!
It has worked so far but it is soooo tough! I miss all my carbs, fruit, veggies like squash and potatoes and the list goes on and on! I don't miss the weight but I'm a little bummed I haven't seen many inches lost. I haven't cheated so far and am just trying to get to week 6. I'm excited for Friday, I'll have been on plan 3 weeks and you bet I'm having the chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast Best of luck to you and hang in there!! I figure if we can make it through this, we can do anything!