Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #1  

Default New Yo Yo'er needs your help

Hi everyone! I just found your site and spent the weekend lurking! I've always been "fat". My highest weight was 285 after the birth of my one and only child 8 yrs ago. In the process of being pregnant and moving in with my boyfriend i suffered my whole preg... with massive stomach pains. I went thru testing after she was born everything from an endoscopy to a colonoscopy just to find out they claimed acid reflux to internal hemmroids.. they weight would come off then my stomach would hurt then feel better. I tried alot of "fad" diets and they worked oh did they ever..i think they worked more on my pocket book than anything!! LOL...however, i did like slimfast i didn't abuse it but i did do it with allot of exercise and i had shed 30lbs. Now fast forward to march 09 i went BACK to the doctor with intense stomach pains after being tested for different diseases thru blood draw. she finally diagnosed me with lactose intolerance ibs and maybe crohns. SO here i am. I had lost 35lbs last year putting me at 238 my 11yr puppy died in sept went thru a depression and have gained 17 back YIKES!! I'm looking for alot of support and i know i'll find it here
Jerica
jericbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #2  

i must add. becoming lactose intollerant put ALLOT of things in perspective. and made me more aware of eating. my pains are no longer there and if they do pop up from me being a bad girl i have some carfate the doc ordered. i have been drinking soy milk this year or lactose free milk with slim fast and alot of fiber.
jericbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

Welcome to the site! I'm also new, but have quickly found out how wonderful and supportive this site is. It really helps you be accountable and think twice about what you're doing whether it is exercise or eating. You obviously know firsthand how it is to have consequences to eating the wrong foods... now we just have to get it into our heads that the same works for the foods with bad fats and empty calories.

Good luck and I hope you can find a diet plan that will change your life.
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote