3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   I just started Ideal Protein today....tips?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/193739-i-just-started-ideal-protein-today-tips.html)

Justice 02-09-2010 12:20 PM

I just started Ideal Protein today....tips??

I just started IP today and I am trying to figure out how to best space my meals. I ate 1 protein at 7:00 am. and am starving now at 10:15. Is this just going to be the way it is for the first few days? I'm also super nervous becasue I'm a cheater and certainly cannot do taht on this diet, but it's past time to make some real changes in my life. Has anyone experience the hunger subsiding?

alihal 02-09-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice (Post 3143690)
I just started IP today and I am trying to figure out how to best space my meals. I ate 1 protein at 7:00 am. and am starving now at 10:15. Is this just going to be the way it is for the first few days? I'm also super nervous becasue I'm a cheater and certainly cannot do taht on this diet, but it's past time to make some real changes in my life. Has anyone experience the hunger subsiding?

I also would get hungry at the same time. What I do since I am not a night snacker is have my snack between breakfast and lunch. If you are a night snacker also you may want to start with 4 packets a day. The hunger will go away though. Good luck!!:)

skittlescda 02-09-2010 05:51 PM

I just started my 3rd week and I can tell you that the food cravings will go away probably by day 4. At times I have to remind myself to take the third protein pack and I'm not hungry all the time. There are days that I may feel abit hungry but that is when I'm not eating my veggies or salad at lunch time. When I take advantage of what I CAN eat, I do just fine.

Good luck and welcome.......ask away!!

Trish

skittlescda 02-09-2010 05:54 PM

Oh and I meant to add that if you get that after taste that many mention they get at first and with some of the packs, for me that also went away after the second day.

Trish

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar006...1/145/189/.png

denialdoesntwork 02-09-2010 08:52 PM

I just met with my counselor today, starting the plan Thursday. I have researched this forum and truly think this is the right plan for me. I am hoping that this will be my last diet.

Justice 02-10-2010 01:13 PM

Thanks everyone. Good advice Alihal, I'm a total night snacker and Trish I have noticed that some packets have a funky tase that I don't think they should have...........so I'm glad to know that will go away.

BettyBoop50 02-10-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

hi, good luck with idealprotein. I felt the same as you did and my consultant suggested i nibbled on a few veggies that is part of my lunch. That should keep you going till lunchtime.

SWP 02-10-2010 06:27 PM

I've been on the IP for about 2.5 weeks, and i'm STILL hungry! My stomach constantly grumbles. Any advice on getting rid of the hunger?

alihal 02-11-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWP (Post 3146304)
I've been on the IP for about 2.5 weeks, and i'm STILL hungry! My stomach constantly grumbles. Any advice on getting rid of the hunger?

Are you eating salads at lunch? Remember you can have unlimited lettuce so try that to get rid of the hunger pain.

alihal 02-11-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denialdoesntwork (Post 3144566)
I just met with my counselor today, starting the plan Thursday. I have researched this forum and truly think this is the right plan for me. I am hoping that this will be my last diet.

Good luck and I'm sure this will be your last diet! I can't believe how great it works and if it can work for me it can work for you!:carrot:

Ruthxxx 02-11-2010 05:09 PM

There is an IP group here. Check out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...arb-diets-227/.

Electronicpal 02-15-2010 02:20 AM

About to start Ideal Protein

Hello Friends, I will be starting IP on Thursday. I have been reading how well so many of you are doing and am very impressed!
Before I start, I was just wondering about silly basics like Crystal Light (my provider said the only thing that is water is plain water). Does anyone know if we can have it? Ditto sugarfree gum. Also, what about herbal teas? I drink one that has buckwheat in it and since it comes from Japan I cannot read the label where it might tell me if it has carbs or not.
Thanks for any and all imput.

MaurineDenver 02-16-2010 03:24 PM

1st week on Ideal Protein...HELP!!!

Hi All, I'm on day 6 of Ideal Protein, and while I'm committed to losing this weight, I'm struggling a bit with the food choices. (I also felt sick on day 4 and had a massive headache for 24 hours!) I really dislike the soups (they actually make me gag), so any feedback on what you all are having for lunch would be great. I can't picture myself only having the shakes for the next few months. What Ideal Protein products do you like?

kellan 02-18-2010 03:26 PM

I think drinking extra water, and munching on sliced cucumbers sprinkled with sea salt curb the hunger. I just re-started IP after a 5 month 'break' and am on day 4. Not overly hungry, and the headache is now gone. I am not stepping on the scale yet, but I had to tighten my belt this morning. :) This is a great program!

ritiki19 02-18-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Justice-
I go into work at 7 am so I thought I'd share my schedule with you. I wake up and drink 16 oz of water first thing. I try to hold off on breakfast until between 8 & 9. Then I'm usually hungry around 10:30, that's when I have my first cup of veggies. I eat lunch around noon and have my other cup of veggies late afternoon. Don't forget your unlimited lettuce in there too! I tend to have a salad around 3-4 as sometimes we don't eat until 7. There are some days that I just have to have my third packet before dinner, but I try to save it for after dinner because I love an evening snack.
The way I think about cheating is that cookie that you want is going to cost you $81! No food is worth $81!!! (that's the cost of one week for me.)
I hope this helps! Stick with it and it will pay off. Refer to this forum for advice and inspiration! You can do it!