Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #1  
dougs wife sarahs mommy

S/C/G: 210/194/165

Height: 5'6

Default new from BC Canada

Hey i'm Jennifer, wife to Doug and mommy to an amazing almost 2 year old Toddler named Sarah. I'm struggling to lose my baby weight and my goal is 165 lbs. We want to get pregnant this year and due to me having a congenital disorder in both knees combined with osteoarthritis, i'm on weigh restrictions. THerefore my wonderful doctor laid down the law and said i can't get pregnant until i get to 165 lbs. When i was pregnant with sarah i started at 185 and it was very stressful, i was at the gym 5 days a week until 2 weeks before i gave birth and there was always the threat of bedrest hanging over my head if my weight got too high.

We had a challenging first year with our daughter: colic for 1st 2 months, teething started at 3 months and at 4 months she was diagnosed with hip dysplasia and was put in a brace for a total of 7 months. Now she's 2 next month walking and talking and doing amazing so i have my life back to "normal" a bit. I rehired my trainer that had helped get me healthy before i got pregnant, kept me healthy for those 9 months, and now i'm doing great. Been at the gym 3x a week for the last month, have lost a total of 14 lbs since 1st week of december and my belly is getting smaller.

We are going to honolulu next month and my best friend and i are climbing diamond head crater... big challenge but an exciting one.

So this is me for now, nice to "meet" everyone.
jenatgym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #2  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Welcome Jennifer you've come through many obstacles, it sounds like you are well on your way to 165, good luck with your goals
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #3  
dougs wife sarahs mommy

thank you, glad to be here.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #4  

Welcome, glad to have you hear. I also have an almost 2 year old daughter, and increased quality time (as in rolling, lifting, wrestling, instead of just sitting around) with her has been the best benefit I've received so far in my 2+ month process thus far.

In fact we've come up with a whole set of exercises that involve her and I. I do kiddo squats (hold her out while lift up high and do a squat), kiddo pushups (she gets on my back and I do some pushups, super hard), and kiddo kettlebells (swing her between my legs far back and then up high).

I try to do that 3-4 times a day as a bonus workout, she loves it.

Stick around and post!
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Janetgym!

Randomcards-those exercises sound like so much fun. I should try some with my son /
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #6  
dougs wife sarahs mommy

those do sound fun, she'd love them.

she loves sitting on my belly and i do stomach crunches, she's learning some numbers and i'm working my abs... win win y'know. lol