Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259.5/259.5/139

Height: 5'6.5"

Default At the Starting Line

Have along way to go with my weight loss. Although I've never participated in an online forum, I felt, from reading all your messages, that this was the place to start. And so today I begin (again) to free myself from all of this weight.

51 years old. Put on around 50 lbs. when I was about 40 years old. Lost it. Regained it. Quit smoking and added another 70 lbs. At a point where I feel pretty hopeless about it all and actually feel like I was healthier when I smoked. Need to break free from those destructive thoughts and destructive eating behaviors.

Know what to do and how to do it. (At least I think I do). Easier said than done! But anyways, here it goes ... DAY ONE!
Wolf Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Welcome to 3FC. We're so glad to see you.

You can do this. You can do this. You can do this.

We're here for you. Post and ask questions. Read and learn--there are so many wise people here who have lost major amounts of weight and KEPT it off for years.

Here's to day one and may there be many more after that!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/230/175

Height: 5'8"

I am just starting on my journey as well- well starting again
I know how you feel about knowing what to do, but finding it easier said than done. I right there with ya!
But a new day is always a chance to make a fresh start and not be bogged down by the mistakes we made yesterday.
AND most of all, we deserve to live the life we want don't we? That life where we are happy and healthy!!!
Good luck!
YOU CAN DO IT!
CawScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #4  

Thanks, y'all, for your replies and encouragement. Already it's not as hard and I don't feel so HOPELESS ... if you know what I mean. Wishing and sending y'all the best, too.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome! I am glad you are joining us. You can do this!

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #6  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

I am just "out of the blocks" and have a long way to go too. We can do it
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome.

Just being one of the ones committed to staying on this site...and not disappearing quickly....will be a fantastic start for you. I think the ones who leave feel defeated within days......and just staying here alone will start you off on the right foot.

And there are so many reasons. There is just a ton of info here....literally info on every diet/eating plan under the sun...also exercise info, etc. There's something for everyone. Then there's the being accountable...that's a biggie. And then there's the support and motivation. Checking out the success stories, especially the before and after pics is a huge motivator....and gives you an "if they did it, so can I" attitude.

Now...even though I've been/am active on several other message boards for several years, I felt a bit intimidated when I first arrived here. But now I think that what intimidated me turned out to be one of the huge positives here. The other message boards I am/have been on....whether they had a huge active membership or not....all of the forums on the main page applied to everyone and everyone was active on all of them...it was the nature of the topic....so there developed cliques, in-crowd and out crowd, etc.

But here, even though it seems like a huge city at first, the big advantage is that there seem to be individual communities on the different forums...esp. the ones for the various diets/eating plans and also the individual support forums for different needs/age/stats. And this ends up not only preventing the in-crowd/out-crowd situation....but every member here can find their own little community where they make their own friends and get into a posting/support relationship with.

deena

Last edited by Deena52; 02-07-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #8  

DAY TWO! I AM STILL HERE! I AM ALREADY LOSING WEIGHT (fat, water, somethin!).

MANY, MANY THANKS FOR THE INFO AND SUPPORT!

TODAY WE ALL LOSE WEIGHT!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #9  

Good luck! Your on the right track just finding this place!
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote