Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #1  
Not anymore!

S/C/G: 300/250/140

Height: 5"3"

Default I'm not fat! I'm Fluffy! LOL

Hello Everyone! My name is Manny. I have been trying to lose weight for 2 years now. My starting weight was 300+ (not sure cause after that the scale said "error" LOL) As of Jan 1 2010 I am 209. I am trying to lose weight with out crash diets and surgery like some of my friends have with limited success. I hope to be 160 by the end of this year!
discoloration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/203/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow! You're already doing fantastic and with your attitude, you're sure to reach your goal. May I ask how you've been dieting up to now? Counting calories or .... ? You and I are about the same weight right now, and our goals are similar. I just hope I have as much sucess as you've had. Keep posting -- I know we'll all be inspired.
bbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:27 AM   #3  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

woohoo! You've done awesome so far! We are at almost the same weight right now & I know we can do it! How have you done it so far?
nicholealyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Manny!
Wow, you're already off to an amazing start - how smart to make your priority health and not just a diet or a number, you're definitely getting it done the right way and for the long term - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #5  
Not anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbigham View Post
Wow! You're already doing fantastic and with your attitude, you're sure to reach your goal. May I ask how you've been dieting up to now? Counting calories or .... ? You and I are about the same weight right now, and our goals are similar. I just hope I have as much sucess as you've had. Keep posting -- I know we'll all be inspired.

I am going to the gym 3-5 times a week. This includes a kick boxing class I'm taking at the college I work at. Besides that I am calorie counting and eating a higher protein diet. I try to eat the bulk of my carbs at breakfast and lunch and not so many at dinner. I am not eating refine sugar anymore (candy, white bread, sodas ect) and over all cooking at home and not eating out for the most part anymore (I used to eat alot of fast food) . If i do eat out, I eat salads and attempt to get healthier options.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #6  
Not anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeway View Post
Hi Manny!
Wow, you're already off to an amazing start - how smart to make your priority health and not just a diet or a number, you're definitely getting it done the right way and for the long term - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Thank you! I appreciate it!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Wow you have done amazing! Congrats on your success!
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #8  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

You are doing GREAT!!! You inspire me!! THANK YOU!!
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #9  
Not anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddyupKaos View Post
You are doing GREAT!!! You inspire me!! THANK YOU!!
*hugs* I'm glad I can inspire someone!