Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/192/140

Height: 5'0

Default I'm turning over a new leaf...

Hi, everyone!

This is my first day on the site and boy am I glad I found it! I'm doing South Beach to get my cholesterol and BMI to normal levels. I WANT to live a healthy life.

My name is Keneshia and I'm 25 yrs. old.

I live in Atlanta, Georgia.

I can't wait to make new friends on the site.

My current weight is about 200 pounds (my scale fluctuates, so I've got to get a new one). My goal weight is 140 pounds, so I've got to lose 60 pounds.

My 2 month goal is to lose 20 pounds by April 1st.
My 4 month goal is to lose 40 pounds by June 15th.
My 6 month goal is to lose 60 pounds by September 1st.

I am determined to win!
MalibuGyrl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/203/150

Height: 5'6"

With your determination and enthusiasm, I just KNOW you're going to make it! Your post tells me a lot about you -- including the fact that you have a good head on your shoulder. At your age, I wasn't thinking about living a healthy life... it was all about looks, looks, looks. But your reason for dieting, and your goal seems challenging but "do-able". I'm fairly new here too and I know we'll all be here to help each other.

I've heard some good things about the South Beach diet (I'm just plain counting calories myself). Good luck!

Barbara
bbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:13 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Keneshia!
Looks like you're off to a great start with a good plan and the determination to get it done - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the 20 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Check out the South beach forum to meet others on the plan - they share recipes, first hand advice and lots of support.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-30-2010 at 01:13 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #4  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Keneshia,
This is a great site and you will get all the support and encouragement that can be found on a website. This is unlike any other support group. It is indeed the best weight loss support online. I've been here since the 3rd of this month and making great progress. I'm already down a size and my body is even responding to my workout. I count calories because it's easy and it works for me. I'm doing the 30 day shred video, two days in the gym and thinking about adding a day of boot camp.

Jump in, get and give encouragement. If you have a hard day we are here to help you through it. If you want to give up we are here push you past it. If you need information or suggestions it's here in abundance. Again welcome and lets have some fun.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote