Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-27-2010, 03:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/135/120

Height: 5'2''

Default Brand New!

Hi! I am a 22 year old college student studying dietetics! I am also married to a soldier in the US Army!

I was active all of my life, and actually developed an eating disorder in highschool, which lead from going from a "normal" 120 lbs, to below 70 lbs in less than 4 months. This caused my parents to place me into an in-patient program. I stayed there for a few weeks, then I was put on prednisone, a steroid, and went from 76 lbs (the day I was discharged from the ED treatment program) to 187 lbs in about 5 months. It was awful, I felt totally out of control.

I starved myself (only ate apples and lettuce) for 6 months, and was able to get down to 135 lbs. THIS is when the poor eating disorder habits caught up with me!

First, eating that little of calories for 6 months made my period go away, I was lacking vitamins and minerals my body NEEDED, and I still had this image of a 190 lbs woman in my mind as me, I couldn't see myself slimmer.

This also caused me to start binge eating. I restricted for SO long, that a few times I actually binged un controllably over about a weekend period of time. Sometimes I would even promise myself to eat well/work out all week, the on Sunday I could have a binge day. Yep, a planned binge.

I am trying to get out of the above binge thinking, however all of the old eating disorder (anorexia) behaviour is gone, and for that I am SO thankful!

I am here to help others, and get support though my journey! My new goal, is to get down to 115 - 120 lbs, I'm about 135 right now.

I count calories on sparkpeople.com, and workout everyday for at least 30 minutes at my target heartrate!

Thanks for reading!
pinkblondefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #2  
Motivate Me!

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi Pink! Welcome to the community! (I'm new too, Hi everyone!)

I too developed an eating disorder in high school, but it wasn't until college (when I was out of the house) that it became increasingly worse. I abused Adderall in order to stay thin, too.

I'm now following the Cycle Diet from Debra-Hope-Riedesel RD/LD. I suffer from PMDD and have found that her weight loss plan really helps me feel like a normal person again!

I just recently started adding some weight training into my cardio routine and am starting to feel stronger already.

Nice to meet you!

-Jessica
ChefJJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi PBF!
Many here can certainly relate to being out of control with their eating - sounds like you're on the right track with a focus on health and not just a diet or a number - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try the 20 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Check out the Cicks in Control - you'll be a wonderful addition, offering support battling binge eating.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - and thank you for your service,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote