Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/See Tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default This Is It

Hey everyone! My name is Trisha, although I'm going by goldferris here. You can call me either.

I'm 26 and have been at varying levels of 'overweight' since I was very young. To put it in perspective, I don't think I've been under 180 since early elementary school. I'm 5'6". For the past 5 years I've kept steady between 240 and 250.

There have been times where I tried to lose weight. In fact, the summer of 2008 was good, and I lost about 15 pounds. But then all **** broke loose in my personal life, and I said 'screw it' and gained it back.

Something clicked in me recently though. I'm not sure what exactly. I just really feel sick of being fat. I'm 26 and have been on blood pressure medications and GERD medication for almost 2 years. It's because I'm fat. I don't want to take them anymore.

Plus, I'm really curious how I'd look skinny. How I'd look without this large tummy. I have a feeling I would look adorable. I have a small, petite frame that's just covered in mounds of fat. Let's see what my natural self looks and feels like, without any of the self sabotage that causes me being overweight inthe first place.

So, I have exercised at least 30 minutes every single day since January 1, 2010. I'm using my treadmill (I got for super cheap on Craigslist) and My Fitness Coach for the Wii. I intend to start the 30 Day Shred come February 1st, and some day I would like to do Insanity.

I'm also counting my calories. My mom and I are doing these things at the same time so we can encourage each other. She weighs less than me, but it's still fun to have a weight loss buddy. It makes it a lot easier.

I'm really excited for what's to come.
goldferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #2  
Working to a thinner Me!!

S/C/G: 232/See Ticker/132

Height: 5'4"

Let me start off by saying Trisha!! I recently became a member of 3FC and encourage all my girl friends to join. It's a great place to come and vent/talk/rant/confess about the frustrations of weight loss and any other issues that may be on your mind.

This is a very friendly bunch and we're all in or have been in your sistuation. I for one have been exactly where you are now. This is a great first step and I wish you the best! You can do it!!

lemondrplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/203/150

Hi, Trish! Wow … it sounds like you're really on your way already. I hope you don't mind but I peeked at your photo in your public profile and, to be perfectly honest, you're pretty adorable right now! But I understand what you mean -- you KNOW there's another body, a thin and fit one, inside you and you want to let it out!

I really have to applaud you for starting such a great exercise program. That's often the LAST thing we do when we want to lose weight (I've been dieting since the beginning of the year and have lost 9 pounds but haven't started exercising at all -- I keep hoping that eating less will be all I need to do. I know better but I'm still delusional about it).

I keep hearing people here talk about the Wii Coach thing and I have to figure out what that is! If I ever HAVE to exercise, at least I want it to be fun.

I sure look forward to reading your future posts. You're so full of energy and optimism that I just know it'll be encouraging to read about your progress and success.

Barbara, in Oregon
bbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #4  

You guys are so nice! Thanks Tami for the encouraging words. It's nice to find a place where people have not only been through what I'm going through, but have overcome it as well. That's the best!

Barbara, you're so sweet. Thanks for the compliments. It's funny that you brought up only dieting and not fitness. In the past, when I tried to lose weight, I could only seem to manage tackling one thing at a time. Either fitness or eating right. Now I'm doing both. I feel good about it. But I don't blame you. Trying even ONE of the two is some tough stuff.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #5  
... fabulous!

Welcome, welcome!!

I really don't post that much but just reading posts like your on 3FC keeps me going. You sound super optimistic and you just need to keep that spirit through your journey.

While my lil ticker might look good... I have been "off the wagon" for quite some time. I had a goal of 180, met it in about 6 months, and maintained for the past two years. Now I need to drop the next 30lbs. So I'm back to 3FC to get-r-done!!

Good luck and stick around!!
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #6  

You can do it, ACivE! You totally can. There's nothing you can't accomplish, and I believe that.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Trisha!
Congrats on your success so far, you're off to a great start with a good plan and a can-do attitude - how smart to focus on health and not just a diet or a number - the support you need is here to get through the ups and downs - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try the 20 somethings, the Calories Counters and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - here's to an even more adorable you,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #8  

That is so nice Lee. I've been to a couple forums before, though not related to weight loss. Whenever I've introduced myself like in this thread, I rarely would get a response. I love how everyone is so supportive here. I truly appreciate it.

I've already found the before & after forum and I've spent a lot of time there just staring at the pictures and smiling. Their posts are proof that it can be done. And if they can do it, so can I.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #9  

I told you so!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldferris View Post
That is so nice Lee. I've been to a couple forums before, though not related to weight loss. Whenever I've introduced myself like in this thread, I rarely would get a response. I love how everyone is so supportive here. I truly appreciate it.
This is what I said I told you so about! lol I can't figure out how to delete the previous post but yeah. Anyway welcome again!