Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/191/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Introducing the "New Me"

Hi all!

I just joined this forum to get some encouragement and keep track of my diet success! I am normally quiet, sometimes shy, but that is no way to lose weight. It's like trying to keep a secret that is already known by everyone.

I'll probably create a blog, but for now, I'm a 49 yo woman who needs to lose about 50 lbs. I am in the process of moving and I feel like this move will give me the momentum I need to make an attitude adjustment and get the weight off. I am moving into a smaller home and I need to get rid of a lot of stuff. I have finally gotten over the initial shock of this (moving due to financial difficulties), but I think it is a great wake-up call for change.

I look forward to getting my ticker and sharing success and encouragement with you. Right now I have to pack, but I'll reward myself later by coming back to browse.

Take care.
Margery
MargeryClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:19 PM   #2  
No description available.

Welcome to 3fc!! Post often so we can get to know you. Good luck with the move!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/203/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, Margery ... I'm a newbie as well so ... WELCOME! I've found the best thing to do with my diet is to announce it to the world. The more people who know about it, the better! That way, my need to "save face" will give me added motivation.

I think you're right about your moving being a great wake up call for change. As you go through and get rid of un-needed "stuff" in your house, you'll also get rid of all those un-needed pounds (although I dream of the day I only have another 50 lbs to lose!<G>)

Like you, I'm looking forward to displaying my "ticker" -- that's such a fun thing to see on people's posts.
bbigham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Margery!
This past year has certainly been one of change for so many of us - how smart to view it as an opportunity and a new beginning, you definitely have the determination needed to succeed (you're already off to a great start) - the support you need is here to get through the ups and downs - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try the 40 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - here's to a better year, healthier and happier,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote