Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi, new to the forums

Hello!

I got a Curves book at the thrift shop this past week and read it, so tomorrow I start phase 1. I've been counting calories for one year by using SparkPeople and lost 20 pounds in the last year but it's not going so great lately. I'm going to try the carb version in the book to see how it goes.

I have health problems that kick in and prevent exercise at times, and three months ago finally went to the doctor about my severe exhaustion and it turns out I was very low on vitamin d. I just finished the large pills for that last Friday, just need to get new bloodwork. Still having energy problems, but not like it was.

For exercise I use one of Leslie Sansone's walk dvds, it's got a 3 miles on it. I have another that has 1 mile on it that came with a book, but it's a pretty craptacular recording to be honest. My husband does the dvd with me sometimes, and we can quote along with her as she tells us to do stuff. It's hard to keep pace when laughing! I have recently got a recumbent stationary bike woohoo! Even on days where I'm in a bit of pain I find I can still exercise by using it. I hula hoop too, but not much lately.. winter is harder on my pains with hooping. I have a trampoline but it's not set up at the moment. In the warmer weather, my husband and I walk late at night after he gets off work. We have netflix too so sometimes when I'm having a good day, I stream one of the fun dvds and do it. I like a couple of the dance dvds they stream, but they're really hard to keep up with!

I am a slacker on strength training but I got a ball before Christmas, I have hand weights, and some stretchy bands so I just need to quit stalling and get to doing it. I am hoping that I can do yoga easier if I do strength training. I'm just not strong enough I guess, even for a beginner dvd, and downward dog is killer on my wrists.

I found this forum when I was googling something about SparkPeople and saw a thread here that asked how people were tracking something over at SP.
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #2  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Meowy!
Congrats on your success so far, those 20 pounds are history! Sounds like you've got good plans for exercise and working out - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on..

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try Carb Counters and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Maybe check out the fitness section for info and advice on what works for others.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-23-2010 at 10:47 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

Thank you

I looked at some of the before/after photos, it's amazing! I took some before photos this morning so I can hopefully have a post like that someday hehehe
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #4  

Default New to 3FC

Hi,
I am trying, on my own, to lose more than 100 pounds and I just don't want to do the lapband or other surgeries. I had lost 120 pounds about 6 years ago with diet and exercise. But it does get harder the older I get! But I have a new grandson and I want to be able to do things and play with him, so I am determined to get back into shape.
It will be nice to have people to share with during the most difficult times. I am on a low-carb diet. I really like it and can live with it quite comfortably. I really like how much energy it gives me.
I have not been exercising though. I have a home job and sit at a computer 8 to 10 hours a day. I took the job because of the supposed flexibility, but how flexible can you be when you have to spend 50+ hours a week at it?
Well...enough whining...I need to just get on my Healthrider and just do it!
Thanks
Elstyle is offline   Reply With Quote