Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/159/115

Height: 5'4"

Default So, I slipped on a rug and the donuts flew into my mouth.

Hi everyone!

I am really excited to have found this forum. I've posted a bit in other places and lurked a whole lot, but I decided it was probably a good idea to stop creeping and to make my introductory post.

I'm 20 years old, and I live in Northern California. I'm moving out in a few months with my boyfriend to attend a university. It will be my first time moving out, so I'm trying to get myself in some suitable eating habits so I'll be good while I'm living away from home. Why must Velveeta mac n cheese be so convenient?

I'm currently at my highest weight ever. I'm 5'3.75" (that .75 matters!). I've lost about 5 pounds so far in my days of lurking about this forum, having started at about 164-165. I am now in the 150's officially (wooooot!) at 159.5.

I'm limiting myself to between 1,200-1,500 calories per day, depending on whether or not I exercise. My main form of exercise is DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, the video game). Don't knock it til you try it! I may look ridiculous doing it, but that ridiculousness will morph into sexiness in time (with the weight loss, not the crazy DDR gyrations. Although it does spice it up a bit if you add in your own hip thrusts here and there...). A few years ago, I played about an hour of DDR every other day, and without doing much else as far as counting calories goes, I lost around 20 pounds, putting me at my smallest at 120 pounds. I'm willing to look silly if it means I can get myself back down to that size. Perhaps a video of myself playing DDR once I'm at goal will be in order. Hahah.

I have an extremely small bone structure, so I've set my goal at 120 pounds. Hopefully by then I'll be wearing around a size 4 (dream of dreams)! I also want to, ultimately and most importantly, be healthy. I'm at high risk for a couple of different kinds of cancer, and it's my main goal to do as much as humanly possible to prevent illness.

That was one long introductory post. I can't wait to get more involved with this community and to give and receive support from the people here. It's a long and strenuous journey, but it's definitely nice to know there are others out there going through the same things as me. Good luck to everyone, and I look forward to getting to know you all!
sarahlynn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/159/115

Thank you! =) I'm looking forward to it!
sarahlynn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi SarahLynn!
I think a lot of us started off as lurkers, nice to meet you - sounds like you're off to a great start with a good plan (especially with the added hip thrusts!) - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on..

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try the 20 somethings, the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - here's to your version of DDR,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-20-2010 at 11:42 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #5  
19Deltawifey

Yay another person that plays DDR woohoo. I love DDR and it is a great workout. I break out into a huge sweat and my calf muscles burn after about a song or 2. All the jumping and moving is awesome. I play mine on XBOX 360 I wish they had a Live version so I could play against others. Im still on beginner and basic level. I try to go A-Z and at least get a A or a B score before moving on. My husband even played it with me before and his legs were burning and he lost 5 lbs by the next day. He was so sore and he is in the Army and in great shape so this game is a awesome alternative to the gym
Old 01-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking Same height and weight !

Ok so I've pretty much been a lurker as well but I saw your post and wanted to say hey. I'm pretty much the same height and weight as you. I am 5'3" but I'm not sure about the .75 lol. Also I'm 165lbs but haven't lost anything yet. I'm getting myself together and just started my journey today !
Anyway, awesome job on getting under 160lbs !!
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

ha! your post was funny. Welcome!!

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #8  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Welcome. You have come to the right place! the people here are awesome!
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote