Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-17-2010, 09:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/170/150

Default Hello everyone

Hello everyone. My name is Amanda and I'v never been partially big but always overweight. However, after my brother died last year (he was 24 and I was 22, now 23) I gained a good 20 pounds, I was sitting at about 186. In six weeks I have lost about 12 pounds and am now 174. My goal is to be 150. In the last month however I haven't lost a pound!I am not sure why because before it was coming off 2 pounds a week like clock work. I am losing focus and though maybe joining the forum would give me motivation.

Thanks for reading my post.
Amanda
AmandaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #2  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Amanda!
I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother, especially being so close in age - the weight gain is certainly understandable, grief can show itself in many different ways - the support you need is here to achieve your goals.

In regard to the plateau you're experiencing, I'm not really sure what might be causing it - what eating plan are you doing? I know I have read posts here that suggest you might not be eating the right amount of calories, too little can stall weight loss. You might want to do a search on plateaus and read the posts that come up or start a thread and ask for advice on the weight loss support forum or on the forum for your particular plan.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try 2- somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #3  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Welcome Amanda. I am sorry for your loss. Congrats on you weight loss so far. Stick to your plan and the weight will start to move again.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, Amanda. I am glad you are joining us.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote