Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/131

Default Back in the saddle

I'm back... last time I was here, I lost 60 lbs in 2 months. But I admit, I wasn't very healthy in how I achieved that, was hungry and miserable most of the time.... so of course, as soon as I could eat again, I did so- with gusto. After losing 60 lbs, what was re-losing 20? Except, I couldn't bring myself to do it again... so here I am, 3 years later, and now I need to lose those 60 pounds plus another 40- that's right, 100 lbs.

I am taking things a little more slowly this time. I have restricted my calories, but not to fad-diet levels. I am getting some exercise, but not 2 hours every night after work.

I feel better about all of it. The first week, OK- that was hard. My body was angry with me. I was hungry pretty much the entire week. But this week, I already feel a lot better. I feel like I am on a path that is more sustainable. And it really hasn't made all that much difference in my overall weight loss... except that now I am certain I can stick with this plan until I reach my goal weight... 160 lbs.

And if I do it... I might lose 30 more... just to get back to my high-school weight. And I would be able to literally say I lost 1/2 my body weight.

I'm not proud that I'm here, but I am proud to say I am 2 weeks in, feeling good so far. I've already lost weight (although I know some of it was water at the beginning, it's been a consistent rate of about 1/2 lb a day every since). I am here for the long haul. And I've decided that if it means I have to count calories every day for the rest of my life (and it might), this is going to be the last time.

Last edited by chickiechic; 01-17-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: edited to update signature
chickiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome back! It sounds like you have a sensible and reasonable approach to weight loss this time.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi chickiechic!
Hey, it happens to the best of us, lost it only to gain it back & more - but you're back on track with a smart and realistic plan - the support you need is here.

Glad to have you back with us! There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome back - you're in the right place - jump right back in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-17-2010 at 08:58 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote