Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/see ticker/149

Height: 5'6

Default New - Hello everyone

Hi, I'm Suzanne, I'm 42, 5'6. I've lost 30 pounds since last March (but I've only really been *trying* since November (20 lbs down since Nov. 5). I'm mostly just watching what I eat right and I started back on my treadmill a few days ago (it was over a year since I exercised!). My youngest is 9 and I figured it's time to get back in shape (FINALLY). I had severe PPD with her and was put on anti-depressants. I gained 60 lbs very quickly after that. I want to lose another 91 lbs ! I'm determined now and the 20 lbs I've lost in the past 2 1/2 months has really motivated me. I want to be healthier for my kids (I have 2) so I can be more active with them. I'm happy to find this site - now what support groups should I join here?
IL Mom 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Hi, Suzanne, welcome! I am so glad you are here! I'm a newbie myself so I don't know what all groups are best to join or anything, but I noticed there was a 40-somethings group and I joined that.

Boy, I sure know what you are saying about the antidepressants making weight gain too easy. I don't know if it was that or the thryoid quitting on me that made it so easy for me to gain weight, or maybe just getting older, but all of a sudden my body just seemed to want to hang on to every calorie.

So here I am, determined just like you are to be healthier and to feel better, and I hope we will both have success in reaching our goals this year! Congratulations on losing 20 lbs. so far, and for starting to exercise again, boy, that's really great!

I have an elliptical trainer in the basement I've been trying to use too. We have a lot in common I think!

I hope by this summer we will both be a little lighter in weight and also feeling better and healthier.
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Welcome. Im sure you will find this site very helpful and inspiring.
All the best
ctokarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello, Suzanne, and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/162/117

Height: 5 foot zero

I am new too. Congrats on your 30 pound weight loss!
kitkatsrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Suzanne!
Congrats on all your success so far, you're off to a great start - how smart to make it about health and not just a diet or a number - the support you need is here to reach your goals.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful add ition to any of them. Maybe try the 40 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Browse around and click on whatever catches your eye - that's how I started.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote