Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/206/170

Height: 5'11

Default hello

Hi my names danny and im 18. I been overweight since i was 12 and a few months ago i weighted 250 pounds. I now weight 200 pounds but have become very depressed. I see almost no change in my body even after losing close to 50 pounds and i have this crasy hate love relationship with food like i love to starve myself and i eat about 1000 calories a day but everytime i eat i feel so bad even if its healthy and i go burn 200 calories on the treadmil everytime i eat. I feel so horrible when i eat like as if im gainnig alot of weight .....idk what to do
rabbit123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #2  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

welcome! I have only been here a few weeks but there is alot of support. I have seen a forum for depression and I know I have trouble eating, but you need to eat enough to support you exercises otherwise you will not loose the weight you want to. Hang in there and good luck!

Last edited by sun; 01-14-2010 at 08:59 PM.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:08 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Danny,
I'm so glad you've joined us - I know that all this is very overwhelming and confusing - it is that way for many of us here who have been struggling for years with the same issues you are facing now.
From experience I can only tell you that the best way to approach it is in very small steps, a little at a time, one meal at a time - one hour at a time adds up to a day, days will equal a week - the weeks will pass - results will show - it is hard to see now - but I am here to tell you it's worth it, you're worth it - read the Success Stories here, read of their journey that was not always smooth.There are ups and downs, plateaus and set backs - these always come with anything that involves change. You are facing a difficult challenge - but difficult is very different than impossible. You have already been successful in losing weight so far, so you know you can do it. Look to those here who are winning the battle and use them as motivation - think of this motivation whenever it gets tough or scary.
I think you are very smart to be dealing with your weight at your age - I wish I had. You are also much stronger than you give yourself credit for - be kind and patient with yourself.
I don't know what eating plan you're on but perhaps you should make sure that you're eating enough calories ( I know that sounds weird when you're trying to lose weight) but too few could actually keep you from losing & slow down your metabolism. Concentrate on your health and not a diet or a number - you want to be healthy and fit for life.
Please browse around the site - there are wonderful people here with great stories who can offer support and inspiration - also lots of info on eating plans and exercise - there's also some who could use your help because they're going through the same thing and would benefit from your support.
Sorry for the long post but I was touched by what you wrote and just wanted to be sure you knew that it does get better and that you will succeed.

All the best,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #4  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I have only been here a couple of weeks and I will tell you that everyone on this site is very supportive and encouraging. Just know you aren't alone and you can do this. If you go through the site you are bound to find someone going through or has been through what you are experiencing. It's okay, you are not alone and you will get the support you need here.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote