Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #1  
Tonya

S/C/G: 172/164/135

Height: 5' 7"

Default Making my goal and winning at work!

Hello,
My name is Tonya and I started my New Year's diet 3 days ago. So far so good.

I typically have to go on a diet at the beginning of every year so that I am willing to go to the pool and lake with the kids and be in my swimsuit. Unfortunately as soon as I stop dieting the weight just starts creeping back on. I usually get tired of being on whichever diet I am doing after about 4 months and start feeling like I look pretty good. This time I am determined to finally make it to my goal of 135 possibly 140 if I feel like I am looking a little to thin for my age (it has been awhile since I have been that low).

I just found out that my iron is extremely low and have been given a prescription by my Dr. to help get it back to where it is supposed to be I am hoping that as it increases I will be able to lose faster and have more energy to exercise on a regular basis.

Today at work, I found out that several people in my department are working on losing weight as well, so we decided to start a competition and see who can lose the most weight. I always do better if I have someone that I know is going to be asking me how I am doing and can actually see the results as I lose weight, so this is a good thing for me.

I've enjoyed reading the different posts and have gotten some great information. I look forward to sharing each other successes as we walk through this together!

Last edited by trcard; 01-13-2010 at 05:21 PM.
trcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #2  

i agree i feel we do better if we have someone to report to. So i am accountable for my habits and know if i get off the wagon i can get back on and not feel defeated. I too am on day 3 of my change. Wishing us luck.
Mellony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome, Tonya! You've landed in a great place for support and advice.

Best of luck to you!

CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Tonya!
Sounds like you're off to agreat start - how smart to join forces with the folks at work in a challenge, that should keep you motivated - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #5  
Tonya

S/C/G: 172/164/135

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks Ladies I appreciate your encouragement.
trcard is offline   Reply With Quote