Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/160/145

Height: 5'6

Talking New to the site..... working to take off Holiday lb's!!

I gained weight due to a VERY stressful job, which made things worse because then I was miserable working a stressful job and miserable in my skin. I finally decided enough is enough in March 2009. I started following the Weight Watchers plan and lost 15 pounds by June. I was blessed in finding a new job which I started in July. I quickly dropped another 5 within the month. Labor Day BBQ’s, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all contributed to eating badly again. I have now put back on 5 pounds. Monday I decided that I was going to challenge myself...... Work out every day for the rest of the year. I am committed to meeting this challenge and hope that it will help me lose the last 13 pounds.

I have run across this website several times when searching dieting tips. I decided to join and get the support I need to achieve my goal. The stories on here are very inspiring and I only hope that mine can be helpful to someone in the same way!

Here’s to a new year and a new me!
slai78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #2  
HMS

S/C/G: 94/85/65 kg

Height: 5'8"

Hi there Slai78 ....

Congratulations on your success thus far ....

I can relate to the stressful job .....

I've spent a lot of time here .... without posting much ..... but great ideas, opinions and support .... I hope to get involved more ....
HMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #3  
okie dokie

S/C/G: 238/219/150

Height: 5'7"

You can do this. Sounds like you have a plan, just stick to it.

dstill88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi slai78!
Glad you're in a better job, it's terrible to be stuck in a bad job - congrats on your success, we all have ups and downs but what's important is to just keep moving forward - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the Weight Watchers forum and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/160/145

Height: 5'6

Thank you for the wonderful reception, suggestions, and encouragement! This truly is a very supportive site. I can't wait to make new friends!
slai78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Welcome! I'm so glad you are here! I'm a newbie too and hoping to lose weight slowly and increase my exercise. I am going to try to exercise at least most days of the week. I figure I need one day off a week though or else I start to feel like it's too hard.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey to better health, and congratulations on your new job and also the weight loss you have already accomplished! Wishing you a happy and healthy 2010.
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote