Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #1  
Heather

S/C/G: 241/213/170

Height: 5' 9"

Lightbulb First day of my new life!!

Let me introduce myself first of all. My name is Heather. I am a wife and a mom to 3 beautiful children. I am a stay at home mom and I love it! I currently live in Eastern South Dakota, which in the past couple weeks has sucked due to the nasty weather we have had.

I stepped on the scale for the first time in months at my moms house yesterday and got a shock!! I had gained almost 10lbs in 2 months. Granted it was over the holidays but my trend has been any weight gained...stays. It made me get up this morning and do some soul searching and I looked at myself in the mirror after my shower and promise myself that I would get healthy. In my 36 years I have NEVER been this heavy. Even during my 3 pregnancies. I hate how my clothes fit and hate shopping even more. I have found myself wearing sweat pants and hoodies ALL the time. So today I start on my journey to a healthier and happier me. Because as the old saying goes....IF MAMA AIN'T HAPPY...NOONE IS HAPPY!!!

My goal is to lose 70 lbs (+/-) and I plan to lose it the way I gained it. 1 lousy pound at a time!!!
hloehr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Heather, and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish yout the best on your weight loss journey.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Heather!
Sounds like you're ready to get started on being a Happy Mama - the support you need is here to achieve your goal of a healthier and happier you - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the 30 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals ,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #4  
Heather

S/C/G: 241/213/170

Height: 5' 9"

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and encourgement!!!
hloehr73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250.6/see ticker/185/?

Height: 5'8"

Default Welcome Heather!

Hi Heather,
Welcome! I live in Wisconsin, so I understand about the not-so-nice weather and how tough it is to enjoy being outside during the winter months. It is nice to be able to log in here and get and give encouragement. There is so much available here!
My best to you as you work toward reaching your goal.
Judy
Lil Judy is offline   Reply With Quote