Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #1  
Results Are Typical

S/C/G: 232/217/180

Height: 5' 1.5"

Default Howdy from Texas

I think that's the first time I have ever actually used the word "howdy" hehehehe. Anyway, my goal at this point in my life is to maintain and hopefully improve my functionality. If the side effect of that is weight loss, well I won't complain. I have multiple pain conditions coupled with the fact that I more or less "checked out" for a year--eating fast food everyday, sleeping all the time and drinking as much soda as I wanted. Now that I am back in the real world, I am living in a body that I'm not sure really belongs to me. I feel very confident that if I get my eating back on track and move my carcass a bit more that I will feel like the real me in very short time. My plan is not something everyone will agree with but I know what I can live with so here it is--Jimmy Dean (turkey)sausage, egg and cheese biskies for breakfast, Lean Cuisine for lunch, Kashi bars for snack, practice some portion control for dinner, and Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches when I need something sweet. As for exercise, I work on the 8th floor so I am taking the stairs down (my hips don't go up) and of course I have to walk back and forth between the building and the parking garage. Ahh the joys of working downtown. In addition I want to join Curves. It is close to work, we get a discount and the machines will be gentle enough so as not to aggravate my connective tissue disorder. So that's me. I'd love to hear from anyone in the Austin area, any Jewish people, anyone dealing with chronic pain or anyone who thinks we could support one another.
honeybjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi HoneyBJones!
Hey, we don't need to agree with you, just do what you can stick to and what works for you - sounds like you're got some good plans to get back on track - small changes can produce some great results - the support you need is here to achieve your goal of a healthier you - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the weight loss support forum, it's active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote