Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Default A lot of emotional eating going on here!!!!

I really planned on getting things together before the holidays so I did not gain any more weight during the holidays, but I sort of had a wrench thrown in the works. We had a house fire in November and everything has been crazy since. We were in a hotel for 3 weeks, actually we checked out of the hotel on Thanksgiving Day to move into our temporary housing...which is just a small mobile home, but it will have to do for now. Our Christmas was okay, but it would have been a lot better if we were home, so on top of all of this there has been a lot of emotional eating going on. I am wanting so bad to try to get some of these pounds off, but it is so hard as I am out of sorts. I just need someone to give me some ambition and encouragement and I will try to do the same. I live in Pennsylvania and with all the snow lately I don't even want to leave the house. Well, any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much for reading. Sharon
sharonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

to 3FC

You've come to right place for encouragement and motivation, surf the site and find your niche, I'm sure you'll find somewhere you can call your own...

Good luck!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi Sharon! I'm so sorry to hear about the fire. That would throw anyone out of sorts and into emotional eating. I imagine feeling like your home situation is out of control is only compounded by feeling your eating is out of control. On the flip side though, I've found that seizing control of my eating seems to make me feel more in control of other areas of my life. To that end, what about cleaning out your cupboards and making a grocery store visit to bring healthy foods in? Or cutting out any liquid calories and replacing with water or iced tea? Or cutting fast food out entirely if that is something you eat regularly? Small good decisions can lead to more small good decisions. And pretty soon the weight starts to come off.

Good luck and welcome to 3FC!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sharon, Welcome!!!
CRISTAL1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:03 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Sharon!
Boy, you've really been through it (I went through the same rollercoaster eating thing after Katrina) - making small changes can add up to some positive results and keep you from feeling so overwhelmed and out of control - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - here's to better times ahead,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote