Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #1  

Default I'm Done!

Hi. What a fantastic site and I'm already so glad I found it on my search for support.

As the title says, I'm done. I'm 27 years old and I weigh somewhere around three hundred pounds, most likely on the plus side of that. I was just below a few months ago but I know I've packed that little bit I'd lost back on over the holidays...Haven't weighed myself since...

I live in Canada and I have two fantastic children and the most supportive and loving fiance in the world. He and I have been discussing my finally getting my weight under control b/c I've been having (minor) health problems that are no doubt a direct result of my weight. This of course, was my new years resolution. To give myself back to my children and hubby in the form of a fit, healty Mother/wife who will be here for a long time.....

On January 3rd this year my cousin (in law...whatever) dropped dead in the lobby of our hospital due to a massive blood clot that went to her heart, along with severely clogged arteries. She was 35 and left behind a little boy who will be devastated for the rest of his life. She wasn't as big as me. I'm absolutely devastated and ashamed of myself. Beyond the sadness of losing such a wonderful person, though we weren't terribly close - hardly matters....I'm terrified..I'm done, and I need to fix myself soon....now...TODAY!

I hope I've found what I'm looking for here and I hope I can be that to some of you folks in the process.

Last edited by Galactic Butterfly; 01-05-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: typo
Galactic Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to the best support site on the Net!

It sometimes takes a shock like your cousin-in-law's death to snap us into action. As you lose weight, you will not only be giving yourself back to you family but to YOURSELF too.

Cruise around the forum and find where you fit in. Then POST. That's the very best way to get (and give) support on your weightloss journey.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #3  

hi Ruth! Thanks for replying, I feel better already....Really. I've been lurking around for a few days now so I feel a little acquainted already
Galactic Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

Sounds like you've received a wake up call. Restoring your health so that you can be the person you supposed to be is a life-altering goal. I have found this site to be a critical part of my weight loss journey.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey and look forward to learning of your progress.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Welcome! You can SO do this. If your fiiancee' is completely on board with you, it will be much easier. In my scenario, I had to put my sleep, exercise and nutrition at the very tip top of my "to do" list--day after day, week after week, month after month....AND I still do. It felt odd to me at first but otherwise, MY needs were just not being met. Key word there is NEEDS---they aren't WANTS. Seeing to your physical health is what you MUST do for yourself--and then for your family.

The great thing about this place is that there is not only support but real answers. It really helps me stay focused. Believe me when I say there is nothing we don't discuss here--I think I have seen it all here! There is nothing that we cannot identify with here at 3FC if it has anything at all to do with weight. You are not alone but ultimately it really is all up to you. Empowering!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/278/160

Height: 5' 8"

It sounds like we have similar reasons for being here. My husband and I want to be healthy for each other and for our kids. We are only a year younger than your cousin. It's hard to think about something like that happening to one of us, but I think we've finally faced reality. Reading about your cousin's death has just reiterated to me that now is the time to change. We're ready, and I'm glad you are too. Welcome!
Ole Miss Ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi GB!
Many of us here have had the same wake-up call - how smart to make your priority health and not just a diet or a number - you, your fiance and your precious children will all reap the rewards - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote