Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-01-2010, 01:23 AM   #1  
candygirl4

S/C/G: 325lbs/295lbs/250 for now

Height: 5'7''

Default My son asked me what my resolution for 2010 is....

Hello All, I am back after just about three months. I was doing well before I stopped checking in and now I have been stalled. I have been thinking about what I want for me during this year, I need to start making some time for me, although I am not sure how this is going to happen. My son has kind of shocked me back into focusing on something that I would rather not. His inocent question was not asked with anything other than curosity but its funny how it has got me thinking. I don't want to make the standard I'm going to lose weight resolution that I have done so many times before. I think I am going to try instead to take some steps toward a healthier all around me. This is number one right now, comming on here and sharing some feelings with people who understand. So for all of you who respond thank you and bless you and for those of you who read this and chose not to respond that is cool, I hope you have a great 2010 and that good health and happiness comes your way!
candygirl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

To 2010 then! Onward and Upward. The views only get better and better. I am still making my way up the mountain and would to love have another trekker!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:34 AM   #3  
candygirl4

Thanks Thighs Aint no mountain high enough!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi candygirl!
Glad to have you back with us! I think you've got the right idea and have decided on the best approach - with health as our priority the rest will fall into place, without the pressure, anxiety and inevitable pitfalls that sometimes come with focusing just on losing weight - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to accompany each other on the journey.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It really has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome back- you're in the right place - jump back in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - 2010 will be our year,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:41 AM   #5  
Intuitive Eating & HAES

S/C/G: 290/244/175

Height: 5'4"

My 2010 goal is to reduce the level of chaos in my life, especially in relation to food, finances, time management, and clutter. They all tend to feed each other, when you think about it.

Perhaps more importantly, I've come to believe that one key to happiness is consistently honoring our commitments to ourselves and others. And living with clarity rather than chaos is a good step in that direction.
PartTimeHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #6  

candygirl4,

It's good to do something different and have a fresh start.

Do you have any plans on how you are gonna achieve that goal?
SilverShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #7  
299lbs.wordpress.com

S/C/G: 299/285/145

Height: 5'9''

You can do this!

Have a great 2010!

Annie
299lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #8  
candygirl4

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement Leeway. Part time I agree its pretty hard to deal with many things at the same time and remain focused on the weight loss, how do you reduce your chaos. Silver the first thing I did was set myself a smaller weight loss goal last night, so that I am focusing on one thing. I think I will try to set a small goal each week and try to focus on it until it becomes routine for me then set a new one. I need to start exercising so I am going to try to squeeze in a 1/2 hour a day since I am not exercising at all now. Another thing I have to do is drink water. I drink coffee at work and use cream and sugar, it all adds up. Do you have suggestions ladies I am open to them. 299 Thanks and I want to tell you I love your blog I have it bookmarked now!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #9  

Candygirl, I am new to the site myself, just posted for the first time today, but one thing I do know is, there is alot of support and love for complete strangers on this site, something I wish there was more of, I dont know how I am going to make myself drink more water and less coffee either, so I am no help there, but I do know how liberating it is when you just MAKE the time for yourself, the laundry will get done 1 or 2 hours later if I go for a walk, it will still get done!!! Good luck
ShortyWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
To 2010 then! Onward and Upward. The views only get better and better. I am still making my way up the mountain and would to love have another trekker!
Wow!, 100 pounds lost! You are an incredible inspiration. Did you follow a specific diet program? and how long did it take?

I have 60 pounds to loose and it seems overwhelming. We live in a rural community so personal trainers and WW is not really an option. I have tried the WW online but was not very good about using it.

Do you have any advice?
Mustang Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sally View Post
I have 60 pounds to loose and it seems overwhelming. We live in a rural community so personal trainers and WW is not really an option. I have tried the WW online but was not very good about using it.
For me at least, calorie counting was the way to go. It's not a diet, so nothing is off-limits, All you have to do is make sure you're eating less calories than your body needs a day and you will lose weight. It's so flexible that once you reach your goal weight, it's something you can easily continue doing for the rest of your life so you don't gain the weight back. I view it as the most maintainable plan, since you don't later have to change what you eat once you reach your goal, unlike some "diets."

But different things work for different people. For instance, my dad lost a lot of weight on Atkins (and he wasn't that overweight to begin with!) and he said that that way of eating made his body feel so much better. He DID reintroduce carbs later, but not as much as he ate before. He was able to change his eating habits for life. That's the most important thing in my mind, picking a plan you know you will able to stick to for the rest of your life. Otherwise, what's the point if you're just going to gain it back?

Anyway, now I'm just rambling, and the question wasn't even addressed to me.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #12  
candygirl4

Thanks you guys I know that I can not hope to keep off the weight for good if I restrict things I feel that if I want a peice of cake I should just have one, but just a small one(I am just using that for an example). I know a big part of my problem is because of my lack of exercise. Thanks for the advice megwini how did you go about figuring out calories for things you were eating, I find that hard when I make something like chilli for example. Do you have a trick for that. I was doing portion control and things like only one plate full and no snacking, not even writing stuff down. Shorty I think I am going to start out by just trying to sip on water and maybe add some of those crystal lite flavorings to it, people say once you start drinking water you crave it, the problem for me is my family was never water drinkers, we always had milk or juice on our table, infact sometimes I can go the better part of a day and never had a drink at all. Mustang maybe we can be exercise buddies since we are both in the same situation. Let me know if you would like to do that.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

If you plan on making a recipe only once and never again, just look up online (like on the dailyplate) the calories for chili. But if it's a recipe you make more than once, take the time to figure out the calories for each ingredient in the recipe. Like if it says 2 cans of beans and 1 pound ground beef for the whole pot, figure out the calories for the 2 cans of beans (look on the label) and look up online the calories in one pound of ground beef. Figure out the calories for the ENTIRE recipe, and then figure out about how many servings it is (like one bowl-worth per serving, or however much you usually eat) by dividing it into bowls or something, and divide the total number of calories in the recipe by the number of servings.
For example, if the entire recipe is 1000 calories and you can get 5 bowls out of it, the calories per bowl would be 200. If you take the time to do this just once for a recipe and write it down on the recipe, you'll have it for every time you make it. It won't be exact every time, but it will be a close estimation.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote