Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #1  
MrsKamin

S/C/G: 235/185/170

Height: 5'6

Default insert something amazingly witty & cute here.

Where to start with amazing intro. about yourself. I am 25 ! Very up beat started weight watchers a year ago and still going somewhat strong. I have went from a size 18/20 to a size 12 and lost somewhere around 50 ish pounds. I am more or less maintaining the same weight (185) and i've been sneaking little bites here & there i dont feel like i had the ambition & motivation i once had when i started.

I jsut need people to help motivate which i am VERY good at and others to help motivate me which is my biggest downfall i have a few people but none of them diet & dont really understand. I hope this isn't to boring for anyone and maybe i'll get some hits! or some misses lol or just even a nice HI would be cool. I hope you all have a good day & atleast if you read this and dont leave anything have a happy new year too =)

Good Luck to all,
amk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Congrats on your weightloss. Surround yourself with like minded people. Come to the 3FC! If you want health and fitness, you can SO have it! You are doing a great job and you know what it takes.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #3  
Melissa on a mission!

S/C/G: 180/176/135

MrsKamin - I totally know how you feel. I've gone through ups and downs when it comes to motivation. It looks like you have come to the right place bc even though I'm new as well, I have already found members on 3FC to be very helpful and kind.

It is definitely really hard to motivate yourself, especially when you're doing it alone. I have found that my family and friends are really not helpful with my weight loss, no matter how much they love me. They just don't understand. My husband is supportive of me losing weight, but doesn't actually do that much to help me. So, I think I know how you feel. If you want, we could check in with each other from time to time, especially when you're having a hard day! Sometimes it takes someone else reminding you what you need to be doing and why it's important! Good luck!
Misa222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #4  
MrsKamin

THanks for the warm welcome! it was much appreciated & enjoyed!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #5  
MrsKamin

Misa222:
I know how you feel my husband is very supportive to a degree but also because i am on a diet doesn't mean everyone else around here is on one. Normally i have the willpower of a saint but lately i have come to a size i have always dreamed of being at & i think I'm just stuck in AWE of it that i have lost motivation to get smaller. does that even make sense? LOL

I'm up for anything at this point i just want to go back to having amazing willpower like i have for the past year and the motivation. How are you doing yoru weight loss??
Old 12-29-2009, 09:41 PM   #6  
Melissa on a mission!

Well I'm really just beginning. I joined a gym about a month and a half ago and also found a workout buddy. I had only managed to lose a few pounds. But with the holidays I lost motivation and ate WAY too much (especially sweets). I'm back on the wagon again and threw out all the leftover goodies.

It makes sense what you're saying though. I have lost weight in the past and plateaued after a certain point (although I haven't lost as much as you have). I think you just need to remind yourself how good you feel loosing as much weight as you have, and how much better you will feel with continued weight loss. I think it's important to set "mini-goals" as many of the members do on 3FC.

How have you managed to stay so motivated when nobody else around you is? That's what I struggle with. Both my husband and I love food, and come from families who eat big meals together. Not to mention all of our friends are overweight and not dieting. It's extremely difficult for me to watch what I eat when everybody around me eats whatever they want, whenever they want. I'm definitely impressed you have lost as much as you have, when it sounds like you've been doing it on your own!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #7  
MrsKamin

My Roots are form the south so everything down there is deep fried or soaked in fat lol So i def. know what its like to come from a food loving family.

When i first started weight watchers i had my cousin who was one of my best friends do it with me & her mom & her moms friend we actually followed the WW plan & weighed in every week at her house. Long story short she stopped doing it & gained her weight back & i would text weekly a mass text tellign everyone what i had lsot or gained looking for nothing but support or motivation. She accused me of BRAGGING because i would then ask how she did & she would have to tell me she gained. So now we arent even close anymore and to be hoenst part of my motivation was to be thinner once i saw it was working and then it was to prove her wrong so i stopped telling people about my weekly goals which helped SO MUCH because i felt as if i was bragging

in the back of my head i jsut imagine a smaller pant size and think its worth it. My main problem is sneaking bites now lol mainly because of the holidays. i wanna try EVERYTHING lol

What is your big weakness?

PIzza is mine and cereal lol
Old 12-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #8  
Melissa on a mission!

What a bummer. That's too bad things didn't work out for her to lose the weight with you. It sounds like jealousy, plain and simple. But that's awesome that you stuck with it. Hopefully she'll come to realize you were only doing it to motivate not only yourself, but her too.

So, I am the QUEEN of sneaking extra bites! I'll say "okay just one more bite won't kill me", then I'll have another, then another. My weaknesses are definitely bread and potatoes. I love carbs. Plus I have a sweet tooth and always want something sweet after meals. We don't keep many sweets around the house, fortunately. But the holidays have been a killer for me!

Anyway, I'm going to be using the Weight Watchers Flex/Momentum Program as well. The tricky part is I'll be doing it on my own since I can't afford to go to meetings right now. Are you still using Weight Watchers?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 AM   #9  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi AMK!
Congrats on all your success so far, that quite an achievement - sounds like you're ready to get back on track and get it done - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans like WW and exercise to help get through the ups and downs. You might also find the 20 somethings forum of interest as well.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Happy Holidays!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #10  
MrsKamin

Leeway- THanks for the ultra warm welcome =) also the encouragement. It's def. nice to have a place to come vent talk & read.

Misa222- I have never been to a meeting i do everything online as far as free sites and my sister has a account with WW so i log into there to build some of my own recipies or to jot down a few. I'm a practically a pro at it now after a year so if you have any questions or need any help at all please feel free to ask. One of the best things you can invest in is a calculator there about 20.00 but its AMAZING for grocery shopping i have a iphone so i have a .99cent app i use lol

I never pay full price for anything! What kind of phone do you have if you have a PDA of any sort i can direct you in the way of a calculator to calculate points.

How did you day go today? I was pretty good for the most part i didnt track my points as i ate it i did it at the end of the day & i snuck a few bites lol but not as bad as i was over the holidays and hopefully by The new year i will have everything back to how it was originally.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #11  
Melissa on a mission!

I've been really good today I think (other than a few pieces of dark chocolate). I'm trying to snack on more fruit when I have the urge to eat something sweet. Luckily I was on the run all day, so that kept me from snacking. I have been adding up all of my points at the end of the day as well.

I have this little WW slider thing from the first time I signed up for WW (4 1/2 years ago). That has helped a lot. But I've heard the calculators are very helpful. I'll look into buying one. I also ordered a couple WW cookbooks off of Amazon. I don't have an iPhone...yet. So I can't use that application.

How does the calculator work? It's been very time consuming for me to add up all of the points on my own right now. I'm still learning!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

Height: 5'6"

WELCOME!!! I found 3FC in September and have lost 15lbs!! It is definitely a REAL motivator...the people here are just great!!! Now, it looks like I can use you as a great example & motivator bc my initial goal was to be a size 12....I can't remember the last time I was below a 16...I'm also 5'6" and today the scale read 187.6, but I'm still a 16...I've bought one pair of 14s that I'll probably try on soon, and my size 12 Gap Jeans are still hanging patiently on my bedroom wall, reminding me every day that I'm gonna wear them ONE DAY! I know it! lol

And as for feeling like you're bragging, DON'T FEEL THAT WAY! I know it's hard, but now you can sign on 3FC every stinkin day and brag all you want! I know it helps me to tell people (well my hubby & closest friend) who much I lose bc it's a great motivator! PLUS, it also helps me stay on track, bc I feel if they're waiting on me to tell them the next loss, then I don't wanna gain any! haha may sound confusing, sorry

Anyways.....WECOME!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #13  
MrsKamin

Misa222- The Calculator does it all automatically instead of the slider thats what i actually started out with was the slider. What i did at first was got a little note book & wrote down everything. Starting tomorrow my goal is to be HARD CORE WW ****! Do you have Facebook or myspace?? Hope you have a good day today!

---KDM Thanks for the warm welcome!!! =) I know how you feel about the size 14! I had always been a 18 no matter what i did and now that i'm a 12 i feel amazing on the inside but i still see the size 18 girl no matter what but i had ordered clothes from Old navy online and when they got here i wasnt expecting that all of them would fit being size 12 & med. and when they did i was so damn happy it was unbelievable! What program are you using to lose weight?? have a great day today!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:57 AM   #14  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Oh darn it! I read the title "insert something amazingly witty & cute here" and was going to post a picture of myself but I see its an intro post sooooooooo with that I say welcome aboard and good luck with your journey

As Ever
me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #15  
MrsKamin

LOL BOTZ that was funny. You could of if you wanted to!! COngrats thats a HUGE loss you have! what method do you use.