Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Default Hey everyone I'm new and looking for help

Hey everyone I'm new and looking for help on where to start. I am 5'6 and currently weigh 220lbs and aiming for a 80lb weight loss. I have no idea where to start or how to begin. Any words of advice would be appreciated.
delphie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

Read, read, read and ask questions. There are many things you can do and lots of folks here who can help you decide what to start with.

Do you have any ideas you'd like to kick around?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome to 3FC! I'm glad you found us here. It's a great place for support and advice, so just jump in wherever you feel comfortable!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Welcome, my advice for getting started would be to look around the forums and see what people are doing and how it is working for them. Find a plan that you think you can stick to and works with your lifestyle and try it out for a little while. If it works awesome!! Many of us here have tryed a few plans to get it fight so dont get discouraged if your first plan isnt a perfect fit. Anyway welcome and I hope to see you around the board. Good Luck!
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi delphie!
Sounds like you're ready to get started - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help choose the right ones for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 12-18-2009 at 12:16 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #7  

welcome delphie! I am starting Wendy Chant's Cracking the Fat Loss Plan in a couple of weeks. We have a forum going for this if you are interested. I just got her book (I ordered from ebay) and her plan sounds right for me.

For you...you should research all of the different plans here and different things people are doing. You will find the right plan for you.

Good luck on your journey!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #8  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Howdy! I'm a newbie too. I'm soon to begin the Metabolism Miracle plan. Here is to making 2010 a healthy year!
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote