Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #1  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

Default Twice as much of me as there should be, but not for long!

Well, I've accepted a fact. I weigh twice as much as is ideal for me. I can't deny it any longer!

I want to go on a trip with my school to India this next Summer and I feel like I MUST work to become fit and hopefully lose at LEAST 50 pounds by then in order to safely and more comfortably do it. I'm setting that number as a goal, but am above all focusing on the process of becoming more fit and healthy with the side benefit of getting smaller and lighter too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just losing weight for this trip; I've known for a long time that I need to lose weight and get fit for my health and happiness, it's just that now there's something tangible outside of myself that will NOT be possible unless I DO something about this NOW!

I have chronic pain and some conditions that I know will improve with increased activity and lowering my weight. I am grateful that I haven't had to undergo a horrible health crisis to wake me up. I feel like I need to make the most of this situation to change my life RIGHT NOW.

I have a plan; I will calorie count, continue to be mostly vegan, work out a minimum of 4 days a week incorporating walking, bicycling, weight training, yoga, and water exercise such as aqua aerobics and swimming. I will incorporate Pilates and other classes as I become more fit.

This looks to be an excellent forum for those seeking to reach common goals. I'm hoping to get support, encouragement and inspiration here and if I can offer some of all that myself to others, I'll feel like a success!

Last edited by Passionista; 12-16-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #3  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Thank you! WOW! You started out about where I am and your current weight is pretty much my goal weight, way to GO!!! I'm gonna read your story in your links right now.
Passionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:19 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Passionista!
You sounds like to're ready to get started with a great plan and the right attitude, with health as your main priority - the support you need is here.
Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help choose the right ones for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - India, here you come!
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:41 AM   #5  
Haley wants to run!

hey! I feel the same way, twice as much as I should be....but sounds like you have a good game plan....I'm still lacking mine but I'll work on it today in between studying for my last final tomorrow...I'm vegan too! Good luck!
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #6  

Hi Passionista!,

Keep that motivation until you reach your goal!... and beyond!
SilverShine is offline   Reply With Quote