Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Talking New here...need to lose!

Hi everyone!! I'm Brittany and I despritely need to lose some weight. I'm 5ft3 and currently 213 lbs. I started working out about 2 weeks ago and my starting weight was 225 lbs. I haven't always been big but in the past 5 years or so I've been putting on the weight majorly and it's getting to the point where it's effecting my health.

I've tired and failed at dieting/exercising before. I have never been able to stick with any program I set myself up to do. Usually around day 3 or 4 I quit because I get lazy and I am a very impatient person and I want to see results NOW which I know is impossible. Good news though, since starting to get in shape 2 weeks ago, I haven't quit!!! I started with just taking my dogs on a walk and trying to drink more water. Then, this past Friday I got a Wii Fit and I've been doing an hour work out on it every day since. I am also incorporating more veggies and water into my diet and less sweets.

I am a member of another weight loss forum but thought I'd register here too because the more support I can get, the better. I hope I meet some amazing friends on here
Bella3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/177/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Brittany,

It sounds like you're off to a great start! Great job with working the exercise into your day and drinking the water. I find it's tough to drink the water in the cold weather but heated with some lemon is rather yummy. Are you following a particlur diet program?
Hannah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Welcome Brittany! I really think this forum is AMAZING! I know how you feel....it's so hard to continue with a diet. I think there were several factors that helped me this time:

1. Realizing that I'm not depriving myself of junky/sugary/unhealthy foods...when I eat those foods, I'm depriving myself of the life that I want and deserve!

2. You must have a plan. Choose a diet. For me, calorie counting and journaling all of my food is very effective. It takes the guess work out of what I'm doing. It's easy and if you need help, please feel free to message me privately and I'd be happy to help.

3. Exercise.....it needs to keep getting more and more intense. If I'm not totally sweaty when I'm done, it was just activity.

4. Must keep active even after the workout is through. I still park my car far, I walk my dog, play with my kids, etc.....in addition to the workouts. You are just starting out and you're off to an EXCELLENT start....just keep on reading here and keep challenging yourself every day.

5. I have a plan for when I get cravings or a food temptation: chew gum, do push ups and crunches, read a magazine, come to 3fatchicks for support (I like to post under Binge Emergency in the Chicks in Control forum.

6. Last, but not least, I try to love myself every day. That means I dress as nice as I can, do my hair, my make up, drink my water, drink tea to relax, if I mess up, I forgive myself and move on....I treat myself with kindness as often as possible.

I hope that wasn't too much info or too preachy. I wish you all the best!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/156/136

Height: 5'3''

Smile Keep it going!

Hi Brittany This is my first post - I only joined yesterday - and yours was the first post I've read here. That said, I just want to encourage you to stick with the plan. It is almost a year since I was in a similar place to you .. and I had even more weight to loose. On the 19th of December last year I was finally so fed up with myself and with being overweight - for years - that I made the decision to do something about it.
I must admit that I didn't really think it would be possible for me to loose a lot of weight because I'd tried and failed to stick with it so many times before but - magically - this time I managed to find the motivation and determination to succeed and I have now lost about 68 kilos - which is just 1 kilo short of being half the weight I was a year ago ) Yay!!
Today was our staff Christmas lunch and one of my newer colleagues who didn't know me as being overweight came up to me and told me that I looked "beautifully svelte" in the outfit I was wearing. What a great moment that was for me - I could never have imagined being described as "svelte| a year ago!!!
So, hang in there! It is possible and not just possible it is highly achievable. If I can do it - so can you.
I wish you all the best!
Kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Brittany!
Congrats on your success so far - you're off to a great start - keep up the good work - the support you need is here and we'll all be cheering you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help choose the right ones for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

P.S. Beautiful dog - they can be a wonderful help in losing weight - those walks are great!

Last edited by leeway; 12-16-2009 at 12:12 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:01 AM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #7  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Hi Bella,

Welcome! I'm 22 and also 5'3", and like you, just getting started on my journey. we can do this!!!! This site is amazing - better than any other ones out there
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Brittany, you can do this. I am also 5'3" and have seen numbers above 200 over the years. I never felt I had any health issues at higher weights but I do feel much better now that I have lost it.

Find a plan that works for you. I had to cut sugar, flour, rice, potatoes and bread out of my daily life........only occasional use, not banned forever. I had to learn that just because its green doesn't mean its gross.....butter and spices will fix just about anything green, LOL

As far as exercise...............I'm just not there. I walk alot and dance around in the privacy of my home and bus but I could never stick to an exercise routine. Exercise will definitely help tone but diet will allow you to lose the weight.

Whatever you do, find something that you can live with and keep at it. Don't let little setbacks destroy your new lifestyle and by all means, come back here daily for support. This is by far the biggest motivator for me.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote