Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184.8/179.8/120

Height: 5'3"

Default sabotaging myself no matter what i try

hi everyone! i will try to be super brief. a thyroid issue (hashimotos) initiated my weight gain almost 14 years ago. i gained about 30 pounds, then lost it with an excellent program that focused on whole grains, lean meats and veggies. I felt good and learned a lot about how food makes us sick (or healthy depending on how we use it).

i have had two kids since then, gained and lost the weight both times. Sometimes easier than others, but this time I've lost it. My mind that is. Two years ago I found i had a candida issue, and began a candida "diet" to try to get rid of it. I felt awesome, lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks, but had some major stressors, one after another after another....and immediately began to stress eat. That was 2 year ago and I'm still gaining. 35 pounds, with 25 of them being gained just this year alone. I've tried a gazillion things, but as I'm telling myself not to eat a burger, I'm pulling into mcdonalds. Right after I've cleaned my house of all junk food, I'm packing up a todder and driving us across town for more junk.

I feel like $h*t. My stomach hurts all the time, I'm tired, depressed, hopeless, fat, can't bend over to get out of bed practically. I struggle for breath too. All just because of what I've gained...all because of what i'm doing to myself.

so, i came here hoping for help, or motivation, but I'm not sure if this will work. i'm in counseling, i've read books, i have a supportive husband too. so how do you start to be successful with weight loss when it appears like you're trying to sabotage yourself intentionally. even though you don't want to.
luckydogcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 159.8/159.2/125

Height: 5'7"

Ack! I know how you feel. It's like your mind and body are at war. You know what you should do, but the motivation to do otherwise is so strong, and often a much easier choice.

Right before I try to lose weight again, I tend to binge, eating huge portions of all the yummy junk food that is in the house. Then I can keep it out of the house for a few days or weeks, but it always sneaks it's way back in. And then the cycle restarts.

If you find the answer, let me know! But also know that you're not alone!
blaise5669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi! Ughh... I know exactly how you feel. It is so hard to feel this way... so hard to make the right choices... when everything else feels so hard too!!!
Just want you to know that I am new here too... just getting started this week.. am looking forward to starting a blog soon... journaling my food and exercise... and hoping to find some inspiration. Good luck with everything... hope to see you around TFC's.
time2blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi LuckyDogCafe!
So many here can certainly relate to your feelings of frustration and being overwhelmed by starting over once again - been there, done that many times myself. How to start? - the bottom line is, I guess, you decide that this it, you've had enough and just start. How to keep on track? - I think it's important to be aware of your actions, what you're eating or more like, why you're eating - as aware as you are in your post - and make up your mind what you really want - no looking back, no beating yourself up - just moving forward. The support you need is here - we'll all be here to see you through.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #6  

welcome
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #7  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise5669 View Post
Ack! I know how you feel. It's like your mind and body are at war. You know what you should do, but the motivation to do otherwise is so strong, and often a much easier choice.

Right before I try to lose weight again, I tend to binge, eating huge portions of all the yummy junk food that is in the house. Then I can keep it out of the house for a few days or weeks, but it always sneaks it's way back in. And then the cycle restarts.

If you find the answer, let me know! But also know that you're not alone!
Well said! I believe the answer is in each of us. I had to learn to be quiet and listen to myself. Keep coming back.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #8  

thanks everyone! i didn't get any email notifications and thought no one had replied. so nice to hear from you.

I will stick around and see what happens here. I felt the need for a group like this, but somedays no matter what I'm told, or how inspired I am, I still manage to fall off the wagon anyway. I've even eaten *because* of being inspired. Oh lordy, what a case I am.

So, thanks again, and I'll see you around...now I'm off to go post 8 more times so I can reply to a private message! :P
Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #9  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Welcome!
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #10  

sorry, i'm just commenting so that I will be subrscribed to this thread...thanks!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

welcome
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote