Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/231/160

Height: 5'6"

Post Introduction

Hello

I stumbled across this forum a month or so ago and have been reading on and off since then. I have always been heavy even as a kid. I put on a whole bunch of the weight right after I got married at 19, financial and family stress hit big time. At one point about 12 years ago, I was at 280 and felt miserable. I went to a WW at work program, lost my 10% and got stuck so I gave up. 5 years ago they diagnosed me with diabetes, that motivated me for about 10 lbs and again, I gave up, just took the drugs they gave me, when I remembered... Then in September of this year my blood work came back awful, and the doc was talking about putting me on injected insulin. I joined the WW at work program less than a week later.

I started at 268, I am now down to 239, lower than I have been since 1993 I think. The WW at work ended this week, they are not starting anything up till February. I plan to go to a nearby center, keep getting weighed each week and see if I can continue this path.

I am hoping by reading and contributing here I can keep myself focused enough to fit back into my wedding dress for my 25th anniversary in a bit over a year and a half. I need to be about 175 give or take for it to fit.
allisonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/189/144

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Allison! I'm new too. I just signed up this week. I hope you find what you need from this site. I know I will be using this site a lot too.

I've been heavy pretty much my whole life too. I come from a short and heavyset family so I've always felt I was doomed to be like that too. I decided that I don't want to be like that and want to be healthy and feel better about myself. After high school, I gained 70 pounds, taking me to my heaviest ever, 220. I lost 40 pounds but have yo-yoed up and down 30 since then. I went for my annual exam a couple months ago and almost freaked out when I weighed 212 - 8 pounds shy of my heaviest point. It was time to do something. So I started looking into the Metabolic Research Center and decided that I needed help and support. I could never be successful when I did it myself. (They just so happen to be running a winter special right now, by the way.) I went in last night for my consultation and signed up after hearing how great it was and how much it would truly help me. I weighed 209 and my goal weight is 144. So I've got a big journey ahead of me too. And a high school reunion in 2012. My biggest motivator is the fact I will be able to wear shorts this summer without embarrassment for the first time in YEARS. And that I get to buy a new wardrobe that I feel good about.

Anyway, I'm glad for everyone here and hope that we can all inspire eachother in our efforts!
kaliyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/268/168

Hey all, I am new here please bear with me, I did the lowcarb form in the past and lost about 40lbs found that being around others with same issues really helped. I recently moved to Hawaii and had a wake up call when I went to the beach with DH only to find him rubber necking every unfat chick the went by, WOW it made me feel sooooooooooo bad that I now refuse to go to the beach with him. My goal is to become fit and healthy so I to can enjoy the beach with my kids. I know if I have a support group it will help me stay motivated, so HERE I GO
fatladysingstheblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Ladies! You will love it here.. I have been a member since August and truly do not now where I would be without all of my wonderful 3FC friends! I have lost 17 pounds since I have joined and I credit everyone of those pounds to the encouragement and support I have found here.
If any of you are biggest loser fans, we do have a Biggest Loser Challenge on going through each tv season. We have a new challenge starting up in the new year.. if you are at all interested come sign up! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...challenge.html
I wish you all luck in your journey through your weight loss! I know you can do it!
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Allison!
Sounds like you're ready to go and off to a great start -congrats on your success so far - no looking back, just moving forward -the support you need is here - you can do this - and we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi, I am very new at all this. I recently saw an ad from MRC, one of the few diets I haven't tried. I am trying to figure out what it would cost to lose 55 pounds. I contacted the local center by e-mail and explained that I didn't want to have the same bad experience as when I went to a LA weight loss center. They really made me feel awful about my weight before going into their sales pitch. I asked MRC for an estimate of what it would cost to lose 55 pounds and they told me about $400. They said I would need to come in to get an actual figure as their plans varied.

The $400 figure looks very misleading as from what I have been reading, it looks like to lose 55 pounds I would have to pay $400 + about $150 a month for a required supplement. Is this true? All the posts I have read so far have been so very helpful. Glad I discovered this website!
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote