Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #1  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Smile Happy Holidays from Illinois

Hello everyone

WOW! I absolutely adore this site. There's so much great, USEFUL information on here. I have been looking for a good support group for weight loss and I think I found it here.

My name is Gracie, I live in Illinois, and I'm 27 years old. I've struggled with being overweight for most of my life. "I'm gunna lose the weight soon.. starting tomorrow" is something I've been saying for way to long. I never did anything about it but slowly kept gaining more and more.

At the start of 2009 I made the commitment to get healthy. I began at mind boggling 310 lbs (my best guestimate since I hadn’t stepped on a scale in 1 ½ years, at that time I was 308). This past year I’ve drastically changed my lifestyle, and as of this post I am now down to 209 lbs. My goal is to be in onederland by the end of the year, someplace I haven’t seen since high school!!!! Then, I’ll be on the downhill slide to my goal of 140 lbs.
This year has been a crazy journey, and every time I try on clothes or look in the mirror I am shocked that I’ve actually lost weight. I had been so used to going up in sizes that going down is a completely new experience.

I've been checking out the forum here for a few weeks, and have been so inspired by everyone, that I thought I'd officially say hi!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Gracie and welcome.

Holy cow! 101 lbs....that is AWESOME!

I just happened to jump on and read your post first this morning and it made me feel....well, happy, I guess...because you sound just like I'm feeling. It is such a fabulous feeling, isn't it?

In 2005/2006, I got heavier than I'd ever been in my life (and I'm 57). I mean, I'd never been a thin person...but obese? It was a nightmare for me. I'm not to goal yet....but boy, the happiness of looking NORMAL again is just beyond description for me right now.
(TMI alert) One of my little private thrills is that my darn bikini underwear is no longer rolling-up under my stomach. There's no more stomach to roll-up under and it's staying in place, like it's supposed to. That used to just drive me nuts and was so uncomfortable.

Back in my younger days, I wasn't thrilled until I hit goal weight. But then, I'd never gotten as heavy as I did this time. This time...I am so beyond thrilled to just look normal again now....and the rest is gonna be icing on the cake for me. And the happiness in your post sounded just like I'm feeling now.

Can you give more info on how you did it? Are you using any particular program? I'm using Atkins.
Way to go! You're doing a fantastic job.

deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Gracie!
Your introduction post and you're already inspiring us - congrats on your amazing success so far - keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal before you know it - and we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in to keep inspiring us and being inspired!

Last edited by leeway; 12-04-2009 at 11:22 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:08 AM   #5  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

i'm definitely in a very happy place right now, sort of like alice in wonderland. this site is fabulous just for the support and knowing that there are others out there that have been where i am and understand how i'm feeling. thanks everyone!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote