Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/174/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Getting my priorities straight before my wedding day!

So...here we go, my story.

I have a wonderful life, a beautiful long-distance romance, an amazing family, and a strong Faith.

I met my fiancé when I was 12, he was 14, on a forum for kids interested in stop motion animation. We survived highschool as homeschooled misfits together, with caring emails, and long phone calls. He supported me through the tumultuous journey from disconnecting myself from my biological father (an alcoholic, who had never had an active participation in my life, and despite that, decided to try come back into my life during my mid-teen years, and reconcile.), my mother's remarriage and the adjustment from having one brother, to being the oldest of six, and my cross-US move from the small Arkansas hometown I'd lived in for 16 years, to the outskirts of Washington DC. He came to visit me a few years ago, (from California to DC) and our first in-person visit was awkward, and honestly very disappointing. As I pulled away from the airport after that trip I cried my eyes out, wondering why there hadn't been the care and connection we'd maintained for so long through email, IM, and phone conversations.

We decided that it was just bad timing on many accounts, and gave it another shot a few months later...it was perfect. We've been together ever since, an are planning to get married in December of '10, or January of '11. I couldn't be more thrilled.

For the time being, I'm blessed to be living in the basement apartment of my parents house, as I pursue the things that I am passionate about, and work hard to build a financial structure and savings that our marriage can fall back on in hard times.

Job wise: I am an east coast photographer who also teaches children's cooking classes, designs things, tutors foreign students in conversational English, and will soon be selling pampered chef. I was honored to have one of my photographs featured in the Design Museum, London in January '09.

Family wise: I am the oldest of 6 crazy siblings (and the first graduate) in a not-so-traditional homeschool family. I actually like my parents.

The Rest: I am a daughter, sister, fiancé, companion, friend, listener, nurturer, photographer, culinary artist, painter, runner, and music-lover. I am an acquired taste. I'm crazy, artistic, loquacious, spiritual, passionate, intense, spontaneous, egotistic, bohemian, insecure, sarcastic, quirky and loyal.

I love traveling, learning, writing, blogging, dancing, yoga, movie-watching, lists, budgets, internet-dates with Nathan (when the real thing isn't possible), coffee, sushi, black tea, winter, paint, sketch pads, music, people, conversation, and collecting new hobbies. I always aspire to be more.

---

So...the point of all of this. I'm not terribly overweight, but I am not healthy. I started out with about 40 lbs to lose, and am now down to about 30 left. I am so convicted that my #1 job in life, above all of my passions, is to be a stay at home wife, an (eventually) mom, which is why I work four jobs that allow me to be at home. My own mother, and Grandmother, are both very overweight and I see myself slowly losing ground and heading in that direction.

My weight has fluctuated back and forth by this ten pounds for the past year or so, often having to do with stress, and the emotional discontent of being 3000 miles away from my fiancé. At this point, we have not seen each other for 6 months. I am anxiously counting down the days to my trip to California in January, and am terrified of this next month and a half, because I'm already "off track" in my weight loss and need the accountability more than ever during the holidays. Despite the well-intentioned help of my family, and loving friends, my family is not willing to make the change towards a healthy lifestyle yet, and my friends are all very fit. No one around me understands the pressure I'm under, or the urgency I feel, to be in shape, and learn that lifestyle, so that upon entering my married life, and building our home, it is built on good, healthy habits that will be instilled in our children.

Today, I got my wedding dress in the mail. I took it out, and tried it on...and it was too small. Not VERY small, but small enough that, it doesn't zip. That pushed me over the edge, and now I am set that I need the accountability. I have to make this change, before my wedding, before building our life together, so that our life is built on healthy habits. I want to be healthy, and active, and around to see my great-grandchildren someday, and I feel that if I don't make this change now, it will be 10x harder to make later on in life.

I know that my story is ridiculous, an I have no right to complain. I ultimately would really just like to find someone in a similar situation, who would be willing to be a 1-on-1 email accountability partner. I feel like I have a lot of encouragement to give, and would love that daily or weekly check-in on how I've been doing that forces me to be honest, and keep up with things.

I guess that's all for now, hello all and good luck with your own journeys!
-Trill
trillspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Trill and welcome to 3FC. Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #3  

hi trillspots! welcome! this is a great place for support! I just joined a few days ago and started my journey today. You can do this!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #4  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Trill, your story is not at all ridiculous, it sounds very much like mine! My husband and I had a decade between our first kiss and our second, and he had to fly all the way across the country to get the second one.

Any particular flavor of very strong faith you want in a buddy?
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/174/145

Thanks for the great welcome!

@ WeeblesWobble: Not at all!! Just looking for a supportive ear!

My fiancé teases that I balance him out because he's a a scrooge towards all people, and I love everyone, no matter where they are in life or what my opinion of their decisions are. (Not that I would have any disagreements with your decisions! lol)

My goodness, a decade? I'd love to hear more of your story!

Last edited by trillspots; 11-30-2009 at 07:29 PM.
trillspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Trill!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful love story - congrats on the wedding, how exciting - good luck with your goals - we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different plans to help choose the right one for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less -your goal is not ridiculous - it's what you're dealing with - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #7  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

get your post count up and I'll send you a PM - I'm happy to share my stories with you and everyone else but I don't want them plastered all over the internet for any googler to find for all eternity.

Weeb
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote