Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Red face Progress, Progress, ...and a cookie or two!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kat. I'm a 19 year old college student. I'm 5'6 and have been 175-180 lbs since I was a sophomore in high school.

I was really content to stay that way until this summer while visiting some of my more...vocal...relatives. Finally, after three days of "you'd be so pretty if you lost some weight!" "that dress would fit better if you just dropped five pounds", etc...I was ready to stop that sort of talk once and for all. I want my mom to be able to look at me and not have to tell me how heavy and disappointing I am.

I started my journey on the 4th of October, 2009.

So far, I've lost 15lbs, putting me at about 160-162lbs.

My goal weight is 140 or 135, depending on which looks best.

Recently I was fed up because, while in the course of taking some "before" pictures for my own benefit (after already losing the 15lbs) I couldn't help but notice how FAT I still look. I almost threw in the towel right there. This is the most weight I've ever lost. It breaks my heart that there is so much MORE to lose and then maintain.

Encouragement and someone to talk to that really UNDERSTANDS would be great!!
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/175/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifterred View Post
Recently I was fed up because, while in the course of taking some "before" pictures for my own benefit (after already losing the 15lbs) I couldn't help but notice how FAT I still look. I almost threw in the towel right there. This is the most weight I've ever lost. It breaks my heart that there is so much MORE to lose and then maintain.
Many people go through what you are going through. They work and struggle, sometimes for months (or even years), and they still look bad. I call this the FWB (fat without benefits) stage of the process. You're doing everything right, but you're not really looking good, just different.

It's hard, and frustrating, but it's part of the road. I don't know if it helps or not, but you might want to consider your target look (not weight, but look) your destination, and consider that you get closer, but can't expect to actually get there until you get there. Try not to expect to look good until you reach the end of the journey and stop worrying about how the view is from the road.

I know, this is easier said than done. I struggle with it, too.
screamingfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #4  

Kat -

Crap to those who constantly put you down simply because you don't look like Twiggy. Those words hurt. They are especially humiliating because they come from the people who are supposed to love you, no matter what.

So, this is not a perfect world and few of us have perfect families. I'll guess you won't please those folks no matter what you do.

Please yourself. When someone slings one of those zingers at you, give him/her the raspberry. Be right up front - "That hurts my feelings and it won't help at all."
Lincolns Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm agreeing with Lincolns Sparrow ... I think lots of us understand hurtful words from those who should be pouring extra encouragement and love on us ...

on your progress so far! Stick with it for yourself and you'll be so happy you did!

Oh and

Last edited by Ashbee; 11-14-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Ashbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Kat!
Congrats on your success so far - you're off to a really great start - do this for you - others will always find something to pick on (that's easier than focusing on their own issues) - don't be so hard on yourself - the results will come & we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! You'll also find info and first hand advice on different plans to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

Last edited by leeway; 11-14-2009 at 07:02 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #7  
Beauty Is Within

S/C/G: 202/190/150

Height: 5'4

Dont Give Up, You've Already Lost 15..it Might've Been Hard But I Bet It Was Definitely Worth It !! Good Luck
geminibella is offline   Reply With Quote