Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282.5/282.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile Hello! From Another Newbie

Hi!!

I can't even tell you how excited I am to have found 3FC. I've been searching for a place like this...and alas, here you all are!

Let me introduce myself: My name is Sarah, but you can call me Sari. I'm 5'7" and 24-years-old. Growing up I was really pretty active (cheerleading and volleyball), but once I hit my late teens I left athletics and quickly started packing on the pounds. For several years I averaged about 215lbs and a size 15/16 jeans. Then my life reached a really stressful point and being the emotional eater that I am, I packed on even more pounds. Last year I was in the middle of planning my wedding (and trying to lose weight for my dress) when my fiance and I broke-up...which resulted in me turning to food and packing on another 20-30 pounds. Ouch. Now I find myself weighing in at 266lbs (my highest!) and wearing a size 22 jeans.

At this point I would like to lose 116lbs and get down to 150lbs.

In the late spring I jumped back on the diet & exercise bandwagon, and managed to lose 20 pounds. However I quickly got distracted by a new boyfriend , stopped my efforts, and gained back all the weight. That seems to be my biggest problem. I can lose the weight if I put my mind to it, but I always get distracted...I can never stick with it. Hopefully having the support of everyone here at 3FC will help me break the cycle and get it done once and for all!

Earlier today I got out of the shower and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Normally I look away and avoid making eye contact with my reflection. I began to turn away, but then stopped myself and forced myself to look at my reflection. I didn't recognize the girl in the mirror. I decided that this is it...I have to make a change.

I'm making a change in my life by going back to school in the Spring to study to become a Neuropsychologist...so it seems only fitting that I change my habits, lifestyle, and body to go along with all the other changes I'm making.

So...I think I wrote a book there. Sorry about the long post! I tend to ramble on and on. I'm very glad to be here!
Sarianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Hi Sari and welcome!

I'm relatively new to 3FC, but already just looking around the boards has provided me with a lot of inspiration. Just looking at the pictures in the 'goal album' section makes me believe that I can do it too! It is great that you've decided to make a positive change in your life!!! You can definitely do it. You should go check out the 20 somethings boards, even though I'm 18 (and technically not a 20 something) the people I've met there, thus far, are all really nice and welcoming.

Effie
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #3  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Sari to 3FC. It sounds like you're ready for a change, this is the best place to get info and help. Lots of forums like Effie says, find one or more that fits best with you and your lifestyle. Good luck with your plan!
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #4  

Hi, and welcome! I'm fairly new myself, but I just wanted to let you know you are in the right place.
zanjabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Sari!
It's sounds like you're ready to go - there are many here who can relate to your story and your feelings - we're all here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! You'll also find info and first hand advice on different plans to help choose the right one for you and to get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 282.5/282.5/145

Height: 5'7"

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, everyone!
Sarianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote