Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

It's twenty posts as well.

Go ahead. Introduce your self, join a chat thread, ask a few questions ... yup, the time will go fast.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #17  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Hi! I'm new to this site and I also can't wait to add a ticker. The 20 days went by fast. Now I just have to meet the minimum post requirement! Have a good day!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 172.5/169.0/145

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
By the time your 20 days are up, you'll already have a loss to record!
Hey, that's a great way to look at it! I am super excited to build my signature too.... by 20 days though I might lose another 3-6 lbs woo-hoo!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 155.4/133.4/105

Height: 5'0"

can't wait for my ticker as well!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

But then you start to feel ticker pressure!
Is my signature cute enough? what options should I use? One or two? What if my ticker NEVER moves and someone NOTICES?!?!
I'm kidding...kinda.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #21  
Never Say Never

S/C/G: 233/210/135

Height: 5'2

I feel the same way!!!! I cant wait to get my ticker up and running...I am not lying I think I have gone and made maybe 5 tickers at the ticker factory already all lined up already to go just ready to be posted up...lol...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

D22Guzman~

Boy, I feel so clueless....but what is a "ticker factory"? Is there an area here where you go to make your ticker once you are eligible? I was wondering how different people had different tickers and how they managed that....some for weight loss, some for total goals, some for mini-goals, and some for exercise goals. So do you go to a certain area here and make your own ticker once you are eligible?

Also....how do you change it as you drop pounds?

Also...how do you create an avatar here? In your profile somewhere? And also....where you have your starting weight/current weigh/goal weight...under your screen name....can you change that in your profile as you go along?

Thanks so much.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 236.5 (pg)/209/150

I'm new too, but I will take a stab at answering your questions, and then the veterans can correct me if I am wrong!

Ticker factory is a different website where you design your ticker and post in once you (we) get to have a signature line. It is at tickerfactory.com. They will have instructions on how to track your weight loss via the ticker(s) that you design.

As for the avatar, I can't really remember how I changed mine, but my guess is that it is under the user CP (control panel) tab. The same goes for updating that starting/current/goal numbers- just go to User CP, click on profile, and change the numbers as you go down. I change mine daily- I know, I know, I should only weigh myself once a week, but that gives me waaaaaaaaaaay too much time to cheat and go off plan. I like to weigh-in every day to keep me on track. I realize that I will go up and down because of water weight, hormones, etc. but I'm just really attached to that scale!

Anyway, I hope I (correctly) answered your questions.

From one newbie to another- WELCOME!!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey! You have already lost over 30 pounds- that is AWESOME!!!! Good for you!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #24  

fattybobatty~
I LOVE your name. Thank you so much for the information....I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. I will probably have to corral my son to do my avatar for me....I'm pretty computer illiterate when it comes to technical stuff.

Come to think of it, he will probably have to do my ticker for me too but thanks so much for letting me know where I would have to go to even look for it.
Now altering things in my profile.....that part, I think I could manage on my own. Hmm.....should I change my current weight daily (I weigh myself daily too) or wait until I'm sure it's stabilized at that number? I'm worried I'll change it and then the next day, it will bounce up and then bounce around until it actually settles there. But then again....I could always go back in and keep changing it...so that it would be accurate on THAT day and would never be incorrectly too low. I will have to think this over.

Hehe.....maybe I'll make a ticker based on what size levi's I'm fitting into. That number is a huge motivator for me....waist size of men's levi jeans I fit into. A biggie for me.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #25  

Thanks!! Ha ha, I know my name is silly- but I thought it might motivate me! Hey, maybe in a year or so I will have to change it to something like Skinny Minnie!! Hmmmm- you never know!! A girl can dream, right???

You're welcome for the info- I just hope it is all accurate. I am not the best on the computer either, but this site seems pretty easy to navigate, thankfully!!

Well good luck and I know you will fit in those smaller jeans in no time!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #26  

Well honey, I'm old enough to remember when that "name game" song was popular and everyone was singing it.

"DeenaDeenabobeena...."

Boy, I'm over in the section with forums for the various diets and I've never even heard of some of them. I'm fascinated reading about all the different ones. There's so much information here. It's great.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #27  

So now I KNOW that it has been 20 days since I have joined- how do I get my signature?????
Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Go up and to the left, you'll find user cp ... click on that. You find all kinds of things you can do. Carefully read the instructions.

Please keep in mind that extra long or fancy or flashy signatures are slow to load. We still have posters on dial up. If you're not sure about that, set it up and then PM a mod to see what can be done.

Thanks for your patience.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #29  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Actually, it's only been 16 days...you joined on Oct 19.

You'll get your signature option automatically in your User CP when 20 full 24 hour periods have passed from when you registered (so it goes on hours, not calendar date).

So if you registered at noon on Oct 19 (not sure your actual registration time, but let's suppose it was noon), you'd have that option available at noon on Sunday, Nov 8th (it may take an hour or two for the system to update, but it won't be much later than that).
Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #30  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
But then you start to feel ticker pressure!
Is my signature cute enough? what options should I use? One or two? What if my ticker NEVER moves and someone NOTICES?!?!
I'm kidding...kinda.

Ahahahaha! Truth!
Closed Thread