Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #1  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello! This is my first post here.

Hello.
I finally had a quiet "ALONE" day and in between cleaning the house with no interruptions other then the ones I allowed () < I wanted to find another forum to hook up with others in my same situation. And, that is being obese. I absolutely HAVE TO get this weight off for several reasons, but the recent clincher is that my 11 yrs. old son told me about his nightmare which was me dying.
Okay, it's time.

I'm in my fifties, female and have at least 135 pounds to lose to get "obese" off my records.

I eat from boredom and frustration. I'm currently in a diet support group that meets every Thursday and I'm also going to check out an OA meeting.

Hope to chat with you.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #2  

Hello. I also am new here but it's great to have support and not feel so alone.
Some of my eating is out of feeling alone.

I admire and appreciate your honesty. And the dream your son had...kids are so honest, can be brutal, but said in love and concern.

There is help and healing for us who suffer with our weight. For me, I will try to not be hard on myself. To not self-sabotage myself. Little by little, day by day........we can change for the better.
pagegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #3  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
Thanks for posting. I am going to give some serious thought to OA. Maybe we can stay in touch.
Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #4  
This is my year!

Thumbs up Ya, I'm brutally honest!

I have a hard time doing things for myself.
Even when I was a smoker years ago, I found out that I was pregnant with my son and I just quit cold turkey for.....HIM. But, when it comes down to doing something for myself........doesn't happen very often. It's a lack of self esteem thing.

Any who!
Want to keep in touch and encourage one another?

Yup, it's a definite day by day, step by step thing. But, with a lot of good strong mind sets, we can pull this off.

My husband is going to buy me a whole new wardrobe once the goal is reached!!!

Last edited by Nightmare; 07-13-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #5  
This is my year!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemidst View Post
Hi,
Thanks for posting. I am going to give some serious thought to OA. Maybe we can stay in touch.
Ash
I'm a very private person, so OA is probably going to blow me away with all the chatting and talking about myself in front of everybody. But, I've got to do something. This past week I've done nothing but binge and I feel terrible about it.

Ash, I'd love to keep in touch. But, I've got to worn you straight off.....I tend to get lost on forums where I can't find people that I've made contact with to. So, if I fade out, hopefully I'll come back!!!

Kelli
Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #6  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I'm a very private person, so OA is probably going to blow me away with all the chatting and talking about myself in front of everybody. But, I've got to do something. This past week I've done nothing but binge and I feel terrible about it.

Ash, I'd love to keep in touch. But, I've got to worn you straight off.....I tend to get lost on forums where I can't find people that I've made contact with to. So, if I fade out, hopefully I'll come back!!!

Kelli
All I could think of is what I could eat before I start abstaining in OA. Not a good sign.
Anyway. It is a vast sea of people out there. I'm old so I may forget - but I'll look for you.

Ash
Old 07-13-2009, 09:00 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #8  
This is my year!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemidst View Post
All I could think of is what I could eat before I start abstaining in OA. Not a good sign.
Anyway. It is a vast sea of people out there. I'm old so I may forget - but I'll look for you.

Ash
You're not old! And, my philosophy was, "Oh I can eat this and then "tomorrow" I'll start back with the diet."

Now, I'm TRYING to get the mindset for.....it's a healthy lifestyle change NOT a diet. A lifestyle change. Repeat after me!!!! A lifestyle change!!!!

Hope you find me!!!

Kelli
Old 07-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #9  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
You're not old! And, my philosophy was, "Oh I can eat this and then "tomorrow" I'll start back with the diet."

Now, I'm TRYING to get the mindset for.....it's a healthy lifestyle change NOT a diet. A lifestyle change. Repeat after me!!!! A lifestyle change!!!!

Hope you find me!!!

Kelli
That's just what I said to my daughter today. I know it is a lifestyle change. Intellectually. Gotta say it a lot till I GET it tho.
Thanks, Kelli.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #10  
This is my year!

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkychic View Post
Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle
Hello to you as well and thank you. I have a good time on forums. Actually, I tend to stay online TOO long with forums because I have fun posting.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hello to you as well and thank you. I have a good time on forums. Actually, I tend to stay online TOO long with forums because I have fun posting.

I know that feeling too well and this is the best forum ever for me
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #12  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hello from Nebraska!!

Welcome to 3FC!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Kelli it's Nicki, isn't this site wonderful and caring , I think it's exactly what I need to get me motivated not only in losing weight but in gaining self confidence. Ok I'm over 50 but this old girl can still learn new tricks, I'm not dead yet!
Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #14  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kelli, I'm a country girl too. It's easy to become a hermit when you live out in the boonies. Sadly, a couple years ago, if it wasn't for my Sons, (10 & 16) I would have never left the farm. Life is very different now.

I'm not going to sugar coat it, you are in for the ride of your life. Sometimes you will feel like your next bite is never going to come. This will be not only the most exciting time of your life, but also scary, difficult, emotional and educational. I think in OA they use the slogan "One Day at a Time" fairly often, but sometimes you will need to take it in much smaller increments...like a MINUTE. One minute can make or break the most serious weight loss efforts. IF you are a spiritual person, I would encourage you pray like you have never prayed before. If not, any type of meditation will help you over the rough times.

Can't wait to get to know you better.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #15  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!!

Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. I'm glad you are here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote