Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/174/145

Height: 5ft4"

Default Finding myself 4 years post partum! Any others?

Hello Board,

Im a mom who gained a whoppng 70 pounds with my son. After he was born, I found myself trying to balance between his care and work and my marriage (sound familiar?) and so weight loss was very low on the priority scale. I also was not very concerned with my outward appearance as I realized that there was more to life than if I fit into a size 6 jeans or not. However, lately I need to lose weight - not for looks (although it would be nice to have a guy gawk at me again...I thought Id never say/write this!!!) - but for health. I wake up fatigued on most days, I am lethargic and unfit. So here is my big leap.

For more background, I am a lifelong dieter. As a teenager, I was overweight at 150 pounds. After having left my parents house, I embarked on a decade and half struggle to keep my weight at 120 pounds. I was a cronic dieter and fitness freak. This experience kind of wore me out and was one of the barriers I had to overcome to try to loose this post partum weight. No longer do I want to be 120 pounds but I would like to shed 20-30 pounds and I need friends/support for this.

Does this story sound like yours? Id like to hear from others who are in this boat.

Cheers!
J
JMACDOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! I gained 85 pounds with my munchkin, so I know how overwhelming it feels! It seems like the weight should be easy enough to lose, but it's not. I'm counting calories. What are you going to do?
cincimom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

My youngest is 5. I started my journey one year ago this month. I was 232 when I delivered her and was 215 a year ago. I didn't do so well shedding the baby weight. Things went well while nursing but when I stopped I gained weight again. Granted, I wasn't watching my calories or exercising or ANYTHING for that matter. So, it is no surprise to me that I became obese.

You can so do this! I am glad you are here.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/174/145

Height: 5ft4"

Hi Cincimom and Thighs be Gone (thats a funy name)!

thanks for your support!

Cincimom, I plan to start with a modified juice detox diet. I'm choosing this route because: 1 - I have shares in an organic farm & I get LOADS of fresh produce and have a hard time consuming it all, 2 - I really feel like I need to cleanse my system and get as much fresh fruit and veggies in my system, and 3 - Im going to Paris to see friends I havent seen in 20 years and Id like to look radient. Also I am the type who stays very motivated if I see some results (defined by 7 pounds or more weight loss). If youre counting calories have you tried Spark People? They have a great nutrition tracker! I see that you've lready lost 5 so Kudos to you.

Thighs - I had the same problem too when I quit breastfeeding. I gained a whopping 15 pounds afterwards!

We CAN do this!
JMACDOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I gained a lot of weight with my first daughter - about 60lb I think. That was 10 years ago and I still carry all that weight. I've had 2 other daughters since and lost the weight I put on from them fairly quickly. Once I've lost 7lb more (from weight I put on after a miscarriage 5 years ago) then I will finally lose the weight from 1st daughter after all these years! It is so hard to balance family life and lose weight - I've taken to getting up an hour before everyone else to exercise and I'm calorie counting so no need to be excluded from family food treats as long as I don't have too much. It's working for me so far.

You can do this - look at all the before and after photos and see how other people have done - it's so inspiring and very helpful to see losing weight really is possible.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You'll be a MILF in no time at all! (Sweetly said and from one mom to another!)
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome. I had my daughter 3 years back. Still carrying the 20 pounds I gained during pregnancy... Currently seeing some good progress. I am counting calories & walking 2 miles in treadmill everyday.

Good luck with your weight loss effort!
willgethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote