Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #1  

Default Fat mom needs a support group!

Hi, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Lori and I am from Utah. I first joined 3FC a few years ago after baby number four. I lost the weight I wanted, but a few years and two more babies later, here I am again! So, my name is busymom2four, but really I am a busy mom to six, lol. I was never fat as a kid. Not really, anyway. I always felt like I was, but I never topped 117 pounds in high school. I gained some weight through college and after I was married, I weighed 130 when pregnant with my first baby.

Eleven years later, I now weigh nearly 195 pounds, gulp. I feel sick...I have been having upset stomach and racing heart lately. I am only 33 and I know it my heart that my health problems are coming from my obesity. I am only 5'2, so 195 pounds is way too much. I am going to start a change in the way I eat and resume exercise tomorrow. I would love some help along the way. Last time I lost weight 3FC was very helpful for me.

My plan is to count calories, focusing on fruits, veggies, whole grain, and some meat. I want to stay below 1500 and above 1200 calories per day. I'm not sure how much to start exercising. I've promised the kids a pass at the local pool/gym for the summer so I figure I'll just work out there. Should I start with just three days per week and work up?

Anyway, hello! I am looking for anyone who would like to check in each day and keep up.

Thanks!
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/235/170

Just wanted to say hi. I am new here too and trying to sort out the site. Do not know if I have too much advice as I am just starting this journey (about 7 weeks and 10 pounds in). I understand the busy Mom thing, we have 5 including 18 month twins. It is hard to make taking care of ourselves a priority. I finally came to a place where I knew I had to take better care of myself to be able to care for our family the way I wanted to. And I believe in taking care of what I have, so I guess that will need to include the body that I do have! My focus is to be healthier and that any improvement is better than no improvement. I started with portion control and working out just once a week, but soon wanted to add more days. Starting slow seems like a good idea, and paying close attention to how your body is doing. Unfortunately I picked up an elbow injury and have had to back off on the upper body work. I have slowly built up to 4-6x a week and I have more energy now. I now am also counting calories and enjoying the abundance of veggies and fruit that are in season. I love beautiful food, prepared well with high quaility ingredients, so I am also trying to savor each bite.
kmbt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/213/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! I just joined yesterday. Well as I look at my join date I guess I joined a few years ago but don't remember! LOL I didn't post back then though.

I am also a Mom, I have 3 children. I do home daycare as well, most days I have 6 kids here, a couple days a week I have 9.

We are close to the same size, I am 5'3" and 220lbs. I am also calorie counting, 1300 a day is what I aim for.

Anyway, good to have you here, and good luck!
SarahMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you joined us! 3FC is a great resource on your journey! I couldn't have done this without the fine folk here!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Just jump right back in! We're glad you came back.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #6  
Making A Change!!

Hey There....I am new too - Literally joined this Week!!

We CAN do it hun....Just remember WHY you're doing it - To feel healthier, to be able to run around the Garden with your Children and to look even more fantastic than I'm sure you do already!!

In terms of Exercise, I'm not sure how old your Children are but if they are of an age where they can walk for a little bit then take them all out for a Walk and maybe to the local Park for a run around (which you can join in with) - Also, Swimming is wonderful for toning up!!

Good Luck and remember that we are all here for you on your new Journey
DreamerHelen is offline   Reply With Quote