Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/T/160

Height: 5'8"

Smile Hello from new girl in Tennessee!

Hello everyone! My name is LeeAnn and I live in East Tennessee. I am the mother of two beautiful children (Major who will be 3 in two weeks and Mallie who is 8 months). I am married to a wonderful man named Doug. Oh, and we have a dog named Simon.

This makes me feel like I'm going to vomit to admit (I have never told anyone my weight, even when I was smaller), but I currently weigh 270 lbs. My goal is 170. That feels so far away... But, my Major and Mallie are my motivation and I can think of nothing sweeter then more time with them.

So here I am! I look forward to getting to know everybody.
Momto2Ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #2  

Welcome! I am newer here, too, but I have found lots of support. I started at 242, my goal is 150, and I am currently at 222.5. I read the blogs, they are a great way to get the whole story. One I love that is not on 3fatchicks is www priorfatgirl com. It is a success story of a young woman who has lost nearly 100 lbs. I hope you find something to help you stay motivated. Good luck!
happykristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/175

Hey Momto2Ms,
I'm in E.TN too (knoxville) and have similar stats (how tall are you?). Anyways, welcome! Congrats on finally admitting your weight - they say that's the first step, lol ;-) Everyone here is very encouraging and helpful.
Genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genki View Post
Hey Momto2Ms,
I'm in E.TN too (knoxville) and have similar stats (how tall are you?). Anyways, welcome! Congrats on finally admitting your weight - they say that's the first step, lol ;-) Everyone here is very encouraging and helpful.

Hey Genki,

I live in Knoxville as well. The Gibbs/Corryton area actually. How neat! I am 5'8 as well! That is very exciting. What age range are you in? Congratulations on you weight loss!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2Ms View Post
Hey Genki,

I live in Knoxville as well. The Gibbs/Corryton area actually. How neat! I am 5'8 as well! That is very exciting. What age range are you in? Congratulations on you weight loss!
I also just read on your profile that you are a teacher. I am a former teacher! I work for the state now.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You found a GREAT place to help you along this journey! Come back often - the folk here are super at helping you and giving you support!

I had to laugh, your post caught my attention because my SIL is named LeaAnn and she lives in Friendsville (near Knoxville). My mom lives in Louisville and we travel to TN often. I work in a school district as well.

So anyway, I feel connected to y'all and I want to encourage you on your journey. You CAN do this! And we are here to help
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #7  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Nice to see another fellow Tennessean. Welcome to the community!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #8  
No description available.

Welcome!!! I'm glad you're here!!

I'm not from TN, but I will be going there this summer!

Anyway be sure to check out the 100 lb Club for lots of great support. You can do this!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #9  

Thank you all so much for the welcome!!