Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #1  

Unhappy A reluctant starter

Hey everyone,
Brand new here. Not exactly happy to be here, but I figure this might help inspire me. I've been steadily gaining weight for the last few months and am ready to take control and stop things. I've got a lot I can blame, but I think the point is to make health a priority, no matter what comes into my life. The only person to blame is me.

I've lost weight before with WW, which to me is the only sensible way to do it, but I know that everyone needs something different. However, I made it to goal and became a lifetime member there once before. Sadly, monetary reasons are going to force me to re-start the program again at home, on my own. I do read their magazine, have their cookbooks, and even purchase their 3 month journals -- things I have been doing for as long as I was a member.

I hope that my journey down 12 lbs, however slow it is, will inspire others. I'm already very active, so my problems are more a matter of what goes into my mouth and portion size.

I kicked things off in a very inappropriate way. I spent my weekend eating leek broth and leeks. This recommendation came from the book French Women Don't Get Fat. The idea is that this leek weekend will help re-cast one's eating habits. Well, I didn't shed a pound. I couldn't believe it. A whole weekend eating liquified and nearly liquified food (okay, I had some almonds as well... I highly doubt those almonds threw off the kick off weekend...). Anyway, here I am, ready to act sensibly again. That said, the leek broth and leeks were quite tasty, but I dreaded eating them knowing that was all I got to eat for 48 hours.

So, yes, still at 135. Couldn't even claim to have gone down a single pound. Maybe by next week, I'll have some good news.
littleredengine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Wow--so sorry to hear about the broth weekend! You can do this. You have found a very wonderful place.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #3  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

Hello and welcome! I hope you settle down quickly, the whole idea here is to read the posts and post a lot! At least, that helps keep me in tune with my goals, especially when there's a whole big bunch of chicks with the same goal!

12 pounds to lose may not be that much, as compared to some others here, but it's fantastic that you caught yourself before it becomes a big problem, no pun intended.

I wish you good luck on your weight lost journey, and hope to see your posts around and about!
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

wow.. leeks just dont sound appetizing... way to go for sticking to it!! you've come to a great place for support and inspiration. Good luck and it will only get easier!!
paragoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

welcome! wow... leeks just sound gros but congrats for keeping at it! you have come to a great place for support and inspiration. good luck and keep us all informed!!
paragoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #6  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

If inspiration is what you seek it is plentiful on these boards. Welcome to the community.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote