Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #1  

Red face New and depressed

Hey everyone I just wanted to make a fast note as to why I am here . After I got pregnant and had to kids I have gained 70 pounds My husband is deployed twice now in the last 2 year's I am very depressed and eat all the time . It makes me feel better even after i eat a ton of food I am still hungry well yesterday my neighbors called me a fat Azz They are like 15 and it really made me feel even crapper they were saying she's not even pair shapped she's square shapped. I know kids are kids but i have been tryin gto get over depression and move on with my life I know my attuide sux I scream all the time I hate how i look i hate taht my clothes look like tents on me grr I could go on anyway I am just looking for some friends and support . My name is michelle btw Thanks everyone
Twilight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/225/147

Height: 5'7"

Hey Michelle!!

Don't worry you will get though this! You can do it!!! We are all in this together!!

Sara
Vivify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #3  

Hi, my name is Susan and I'm an emotional eater too!!

Been there, done that, doing it -- over and over and over.....

You can do this -- one step at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time.....

I personally think my being overweight makes me hypersensitive in the first place -- so the kid's comments sure didn't help you.

I have noticed that my short temper with my kids directly correlates to my binging, etc. So, if I can make it through one day of good eating, there is less tension all the way around.

Good luck, come back on her often, blow some steam off at us and take the kids for a walk
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #4  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Hi Michelle! Welcome!

This is a great forum and I hope you find the support you need. You deserve to feel happy! I personally love to read all the goals and mini goals for inspiration. And then I jump in and blather on about whatever. There's all sorts of different groups here - some on age, some on how much they want to lose, some on different types of diet including intuitive eating...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate (no pun intended!) with two kids and your husband deployed. Plus the anxiety and worry. No wonder you want comfort. When you feel ashamed remember - we all learned a long time ago - the first time we cried and our mother popped a cookie in our mouth - that food is love ;-) You're just surviving the best you can!

But that doesn't mean you can't unlearn the cookie trick - just it takes lots of work. Wow, that sounds exhausting doesn't it?! I guess that's why everyone talks about it as a journey. A journey of lots of little steps, which is what you have to focus on.

Can you start today by committing to one healthy life style change - being here is a great step! For me it was getting a scale and facing reality (UGH!). I had to stop saying "this hamburger, or two, or three" doesn't matter. I don't know - it might be replacing soda with mineral water or committing to a 30 minute walk every day. Whatever works for you - you are unique :-)

Please keep us posted - we hope to see your success, and everyone is here to help support even when you aren't.

WE CAN DO THIS!

bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #5  

Thanks Girl's ! I don't know why I am super sentive about my weight I just get annoyed per say when a kid say's I am fat I mean i would never say that anyone and even as a kid I knew better I will go find a forum to post in besides this one now lol
Twilight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #6  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

Hey Twilightfan (I'm a Twilight fan too!)

I know that those words hurt, but you know what? Use it as motivation to fuel the fire. You CAN do it, we all can, and we are here to support you. You will feel so much better once you start changing your life, trust me! No day like today to start working on making a new you.
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: J- 198/196/163 B- 254/246/200

Oh Michelle I wanted to just (((HUG))) you when I read your post and tell you everything is going to be alright. You are dealing with so much, and I think that you are heading the right direction because you recognize what you are doing AND you are reaching out for help! You can't change what you don't acknowledge and you have acknowledged it so your battle is half-won right there.

You will find a lot of support here. I was a member several years ago and well, here I am again. With my 16 yr old daughter this time, and we are going to be successful and SO ARE YOU! with the support of everyone here.
You are going to find acceptance here, so reach out to us. :-)

I battled being an emotional eater for a long time. It wasn't until I realized that I was doing that I began to change it. I had just always done it, so I had no idea I was eating my feelings. I began by stopping myself and asking if I was really hungry and how I would feel about myself if I ate it. At first I admit I told myself to shut up a lot of times- hee hee... but eventually I started listening to myself and stopped doing it. Not that I NEVER do it, but I don't do it every time like I used to.

If you haven't seen a doctor about your depression, please do. I battled that too and I am so glad my husband finally made me see the doctor. The other good thing about the one I was on was that it helped curb my hunger, so it might be a win-win thing to do. Maybe there are some support groups in your area where you might be able to find ladies who understand what you are going through. Remember, you can't be the only one... there are people out there that understand.

Keep posting- there are ladies here who want to help you.
-Jodi
SupaChix is offline   Reply With Quote