Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #1  
Vates

S/C/G: 268/243/150

Height: 5"6

Default resumer

Hi I am Vates,

I was active on this site last summer and then drifted away. I am coming back to help get my self back on track to a healthier lifestyle.

A little about me, I am 29 and live in oregon. I am student in the fall i am transferring to an amazing school in the bay area on a full tuition scholarship. I am really excited! I study public policy and sociology and the school i am going to offers lots of opportunity for research and development.

I have had a great year i backpacked 30 miles through Yosemite last summer and just spent 2 months in Mexico studying Spanish and volunteering. I had an amazing time. but to be honest my weight held me back, weather it was embarrassment in a bathing suit or being a slow hiker. i am really sick of my weight getting in the way of my life, I have a lot ahead me and i really want to be able to live it!

I weigh 243 today, at my highest 2 years ago i was 268, for the last year i have yoyoed between 239 and 248. I want to get over this cycle.

Slow and steady is my mind set this time. In the past i have had temp success with 5 hour cardio and 2 hours weight training a week on a 1500 calorie 40/40/20 diet, but i get burned out and fail. so this time slow and steady

So i am starting off slow 1800 calories a day and at least 20 minutes of exercised.
Vates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Vates!

We're glad you're here!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Vates, welcome back! Wow, you are really active! And congrats on the full scholarship!! That's exciting! It sounds like when you put your mind to something, you achieve it, so put your mind to losing the weight and stay involved here because it will help! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome back!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote