Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/151.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Finally switching from "lurker" to "poster"

Introductions are so hard. I never really know what to say in them. So, please, bare with me

Hello! My name is Megan. I will be 24 (in 3 days!). I have been married for almost 5 years and I am the mother to my beautiful daughter Emma, who is 2 1/2. I am currently residing in Charlotte, NC. I guess those are the basics. If you would like to know anything else, just ask!

As far as back I can remember I have struggled with my weight. But I never seriously did anything about it until my sophomore year in college. However, exercising and dieting quickly turned into anorexia. My weight got dangerously low, worrying everyone including my soon-to-be (at the time) husband. And shortly after our wedding in August of 2004 I was hospitalized for 2 months for my eating disorder.

Being in the hospital helped me tremendously. After that I had developed a much healthier relationship with food and exercise (although I still have a tendency to get obsessive about working out). I more-or-less maintained a much healthier weight for the next two years, until I got pregnant.

After having a beautiful daughter in August of 2006, I was at my all time high of 192. It took a little while to get the ball rolling, but I eventually started losing weight. Slow at first, but then it really picked up in 2008. I was also really focused on getting fit. I had gotten to a near perfect weight and was running, weight lifting, and loving life. However, many things happened last summer that sent me into a depression that, slowly but surely starting putting the weight back on. The antidepressants I was on were making me eat more and lose my motivation to workout. Realizing this, I got off of the antidepressants and decided to change my situation. We moved in January of this year and I decided that I would simply work on changing my state of mind to get myself back to where I was last year with being fit and loving life.

So, that is where I am now. Slowly increasing my weekly exercise, getting back into running, finding new and fun ways to be active, and most importantly, taking back control and learning to love life again. And accepting the fact that all of this has to come through hard work and effort on my part, but that I will be a much better person, wife, and mother because of it!

Well, so much for not knowing what to say!!! For all of those that took the time to read this intro, thank you so much. It feels good to finally talk about some of these things. I hope to become an active and supportive member of these boards.
meganmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #2  
Workin' It

Welcome! It sounds like you are really taking control of your life and making some positive changes! Look around, there are all sorts of different forums to participate in. I'm not in my 20's, but I see the 20-Somethings group posting all the time! They seem like a great, supportive group of people! There is an exercise forum, with threads on running and other exercises. Also, a forum for people dieting with obstacles, like depression and eating disorders. Something out there for everyone!

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/268.6/200

Height: 5'4

Welcome and I feel the same you do about being a better person with taking control of our life. Keep up the good work and with everyone on this board we will get to our goal of being health and better mothers.
Welcome....
anny1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC! I am so glad you found this site, it has helped me tremendously. I do not have as many obstacles as you have overcome, but I do understand wanting to be a healthier and better person for yourself and your child. My son will be one this saturday and if nothing else, I owe it to him to get healthy!

Hope to see you around the forum, Check out all the great groups, there really is something for everybody.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

welcome; i've also recently just become a poster, as opposed to a lurker! ^__^

(btw, how do we get those cool weight tracker things?)
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

Read lots and post. Make yourself at home here at 3FC.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 159/151.8/125

Height: 5'4"

thank you all for replying! I definitely plan on trying to find my niche here on the board, as well as being open to all of the other members! I just hope that I keep the confidence up so that I can keep on posting. Even only having 2 posts so far, I already feel better just talking.

ps. JInksie- I got the weight tracker by editing my signature under the User Control Panel tab

Last edited by meganmcrae; 04-23-2009 at 02:22 PM.
meganmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #8  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!!! We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. Surf around and settle in!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201 / 188 / 160

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Megan, I am also a Megan and a newbie. You sound like a strong individual and I wish you the best of luck!!
M Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganmcrae View Post

ps. JInksie- I got the weight tracker by editing my signature under the User Control Panel tab
thanks but i found it the other day, apparently i dont have enough days here, or enough posts under my belt; - i'd better make room!
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #11  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote